From Honningsvag to Nordcapp

Mar 25th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Original Poster

From Honningsvag to Nordcapp

Yeah, I know, it may be a tourist trap. If we decide to go there, from Honningsvag cruise stop - I found bus # 330 operated by Veolia, and it seems it runs only once at daytime 11.00 leave Honn. (where from??) and arriving 11.30, going back 13.15 arriving 14.00 - only 1.5 hours for us to see the place: cave and movie?

There is another one at midnight, no, thanks
Mar 25th, 2010, 06:52 PM

It isn't so touristy, just a barren bluff, rather high up overlooking the sea, with a nice museum/film. If you've visited other coastal regions you may have seen similar. It was the only excursion we did on Hurtigruten..we are not cruise ship people at all..so held off and then, at the end, took the bus trip. It was Ok. No big deal.
Mar 25th, 2010, 08:12 PM

This may be a duplicate response: Happy Trlr sums it up very nicely. The trouble is, that the weather may be pefectly nice in Hon. while it is pouring rain (or snow) at the North Cap. That's happened when we were there in June. Still, we think the trip was worth it.
Mar 25th, 2010, 11:41 PM

It was a very long bus ride but it's one of those "once in a lifetime things". When we got there the sky was a beautiful blue,took some nice photo's but then the sea mist rolled in and that made for even better photo's! Within minutes we couldn't see a thing. 1.5 hours will give you plenty of time, as mentioned above - there isn't a lot there.
Mar 26th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Original Poster

Did I read the schedule correctly - only one bus during the day?

Where does it take off from in Honningsvag?

Search this Thread