We have friends who have asked us to stay in Italy for another 2 weeks after our time in Le Marche, and we just could not say no.
We have all decided to travel south along the northwest coast, and have all chosen Genoa as our starting point as we travel back to Rome for our flight home. I have heard many different opinions on this city, but we think it will be fascinating. Is Genoa worth visiting and spending a few days?
It is the places that we should visit between Genoa and Rome that we are trying to figure out, and we only have a few weeks to plan.
We want to see Cinque Terre, but do not know if we should spend time there or do a day trip from outside (the train time is only about an hour and a half from either Genoa or Lucca).
Any other recommendations would be most welcome. We would like time on the beach, time in medieval towns (is Lucca a place to base ourselves for a few days), good food, and be as close to the sea as possible for most of the two weeks.
All advice and places will be considered.
Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 2 YAHOO @ Password Reset Contact 1~888:482:3831 YAHOO Tec*h supp0rt care 24/7
- 3 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 4 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 5 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 6 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 7 beware of robbed in Milan
- 8 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 9 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 10 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 11 First time in Spain
- 12 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 13 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 14 Once upon a time in Italy
- 15 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 16 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 17 GTG Paris December 2017
- 18 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 19 Paris November 2017
- 20 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 21 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 22 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 23 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 24 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 25 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome