From Barcelona to La Bisbal

May 9th, 2002, 03:46 PM
Tina

From Barcelona to La Bisbal

I will be in Barcelona for 11 days and we are taking a couple days out of the city. One destination is La Bisbal and we are looking for a midpoint on the way from Barcelona to stay the first night...any suggestions? We are staying at the Castell de Emporda in La Bisbal..anyone have any experiences there?

May 9th, 2002, 04:25 PM
Maribel

Tina,
Before heading up to Aiguablava (20 min from La Bisbal) in June, we're spending a night at a converted 14th c (!) farmhouse, the Mas Ferrer, in Gualba. at the foothills of the Natural Park of Montseny, right off the A7. The Sierra de Montseny is an extremely scenic, very green, densely forested, peaceful area and not well know to foreigners. We've stayed there before, further up in the pristine, lovely little mineral water town of Viladrau at the family run Hotel de la Gloria. We also considered the Xalet La Coromina in Viladrau. Both the Coromina and Mas Ferrer can be booked through www.innsofspain.com
The Mas Ferrer is also a member of the Rusticae collection,
www.rusticae.es
If you want to mix mountains with your Emporda stay near the coast, I think you'd like the Montseny area.

May 10th, 2002, 08:22 AM
Maribel

Tina,
I just looked at www.castellemporda.com
This hotel in La Bisbal looks really lovely, and it's received really good reviews in the travel press. I noticed that it's also a member of the Rusticae collection, so you might really like the design and style of the Mas Ferrer. See it at
www.hotelmasferrer.com

May 15th, 2002, 09:07 AM
Tina

Thank you both for your responses I definitely will check out your recommendations! Off to Spain soon...Thanks!

Search this Thread