Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Friday madness survey: Nutella vs. peanut butter (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/friday-madness-survey-nutella-vs-peanut-butter-546067/)

Cassandra Jul 22nd, 2005 06:28 AM

Friday madness survey: Nutella vs. peanut butter

Let's just settle this question once and for all.

My vote: Nutella -- WAY more than PB. No comparison.

swalter518 Jul 22nd, 2005 06:30 AM

HOw about Nutella mixed with PB?! Yum!

Statia Jul 22nd, 2005 06:32 AM

As much as I like Nutella, I think my vote would have to go to peanut butter.

You just can't do a grilled PB&J sandwich with Nutella. ;)

Holly_uncasdewar Jul 22nd, 2005 06:34 AM

GRILLED PB&J? How odd. Frankly, I prefer peanut butter, ketchup & pickles (on toastted wheat).

soccr Jul 22nd, 2005 06:42 AM

Nutella, hands down (so to speak).

Only acceptable uses of peanut butter: in satay sauce or on ham (yes, try it); once in a blue moon on a graham cracker.

nytraveler Jul 22nd, 2005 06:43 AM

No -no -

peanut butter with bacon - lots of extra crispy bacon (real strips of bacon- not that round, uncooked stuff) on wheat toast.

And what exactly is Nutella?

eliztrav Jul 22nd, 2005 06:45 AM

My guys' favorite football afternoon "delicacy" is a triscuit topped with peanut butter and a touch of horseradish. Nutella won't do. However, I confess to a Nutella leaning....

SuzieC Jul 22nd, 2005 06:48 AM

Peanut butter - on gummy white bread, american processed cheese-food and Hellman's mayonnaise. (mayonnaise because I cannot stomach the thought of Miracle Whip)! Ironic isn't it!?

massagediva Jul 22nd, 2005 06:52 AM

NUTELLA on ANYTHING!

L84SKY Jul 22nd, 2005 06:54 AM

Well I suppose this is better then the revived old posts that seem to be dominating Fodors lately.
Peanut Butter. Nutella has little or no nutritional value, it's just empty calories.

chatham Jul 22nd, 2005 06:55 AM

Peanut butter, onion, and miracle whip sandwich.

chatham Jul 22nd, 2005 06:57 AM

peanut butter,onion,and miracle whip sandwich. Very good on wholewheat.

jlm_mi Jul 22nd, 2005 07:02 AM

I'm partial to peanut butter (natural - just ground peanuts, no added sugar, salt, etc.) with blueberries and raspberries (whole fruits - no jam) on toasted whole grain bread.

But if anyone replaced the nutella in my favorite nutella and grand marnier crepe with peanut butter there'd be he!! to pay!

kamahinaohoku Jul 22nd, 2005 07:14 AM

nytraveler - Nutella is chocolate hazelnut spread.
((S))((*))

cailin Jul 22nd, 2005 07:33 AM

Nutella

can't stand peanut butter

StCirq Jul 22nd, 2005 07:35 AM

Peanut butter if we're talking sandwiches. Nutella if we're talking crepes.

Carmen Jul 22nd, 2005 07:43 AM

My son discovered Nutella on our recent trip to Italy. He enjoyed eating it with a spoon right out of the little packages.

LoriNY Jul 22nd, 2005 07:49 AM

Skippy used to have a Honey Nut Roasted PB, but they don't make it anymore (sniff). So,,,,,,,,,Nutella!

sheila Jul 22nd, 2005 07:51 AM

Nutella if either. PB is VERY American. Tho' I DO have a GREAT recipe for pate with PB.

Friday is Capital Letters day!!

motor_city_girl Jul 22nd, 2005 07:52 AM

Okay, I may be the only one but NEITHER! My mother made me SOOOO many PB&J's growing up and I can't even stand the smell of peanut butter.

Never got the Nutella thing. I am not partial to hazel nuts except toast and put on top of a good spinach salad.

Just give me a hunk of good cheese for my break any day!