Reload this Page >

French Perfume Factory to visit

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29th, 1998, 09:26 AM
Gerri

Next week we go to Paris -- does anyone <BR>know if we could visit a perfume factory - <BR>in or close to Paris. Is there a tour for <BR>such a thing ?? The ladies would love it. <BR>Thanks so much - must get back to work so <BR>that I can pay for my trip. <BR>Gerri

Old Oct 29th, 1998, 12:12 PM
wendy

Look in one of Rick Steve's books or on his web page (www.ricksteves.com). He visited a perfume factory on his TV show .

Old Oct 29th, 1998, 02:26 PM
kam

Unfortunately, most of the perfume is made and bottled near Grasse which is in the far south near Nice. You might try faxing the musee international de la parfumerie in Grasse at 011-44-04-93 36 44 73 to ask if there are any facilities near to Paris. If you could get the opportunity to visit Grasse, it is a charming medieval city and Queen Victoria's favorite winter resort. Enjoy. <BR>

Old Oct 30th, 1998, 05:58 AM
Tammy

I went to the Fragonard in Paris in August of 1998. We took a tour and then at the end was the typical sales pitch. It only took a short time and was enjoyable. I don't have the exact address, but it wasn't too far from the Opera House. I will try to find the address, and post it. If you have any questions, let me know.

Old Oct 30th, 1998, 05:49 PM
Gerri

Tammy, that sounds wonderful -- thank you very much. <BR>

Old Nov 1st, 1998, 08:14 PM
Dayle

We just returned and did visit the Fragonnard perfumery in Grasse. They have 3 factories there. All are quite easy to find, there are large directional signs. We enjoyed the tour and did buy a bunch of small perfumes for Christmas gifts. We found the pricing reasonable. Grasse was a nice city, and St. Paul (medival walled city) nearby was great! <BR>