We will be driving from Nice to Pisa and plan to stop and spend a night or two on the riviera. We have two kids (ages 6 & 8) and would like to spend a day at the beach. Can anyone comment on the beaches? I have read that the beaches on the Italian riviera are rocky/pebbly and am wondering if it is the same on the French side? Also, I understand that you have to rent loungers on the Italian side and it is quite pricey.
I am intrigued by perhaps stopping in Camogli or else Lerici (with possiblity of boat trip to the Cinque Terre). Or are we better off going to the beach on the Cote d'azur and driving straight through to Italy?
We will also be in Tuscay for a week so have the possibility of going to the coast (Viareggio) so not sure if we should save our beach time for then.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 2 Three Island Greek Itinerary
- 3 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 4 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 5 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 6 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 7 U.K. Website & 1-Way Flight Booking Questions
- 8 Malaga Christmas lights
- 9 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 10 Scotland ideas
- 11 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 12 Paris November 2017
- 13 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 14 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 15 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 16 Tips for first trip to UK
- 17 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 18 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 19 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 20 London vacation rental agency
- 21 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 22 land vs river cruise
- 23 The World's Greatest Churches
- 24 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 25 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond