Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   French Kiss (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/french-kiss-298359/)

cigalechanta Mar 16th, 2003 04:15 PM

French Kiss

It's on now on AMC and it's funnier second time around after all the French bashing. Meg Ryan is a jerk here in this beginning!!back now to the boob tube.

uncle_sam Mar 16th, 2003 04:23 PM

I loved that movie!<BR><BR>US

Judyrem Mar 16th, 2003 06:59 PM

Cigal, I loved it in the beginning before she went to Paris, when she said that the French hate us, how timely was that? Beautiful scenery.<BR>Like Kevin Kline, but I thought his accent a bit much. Judy ;-)

wlzmatilida Mar 25th, 2003 06:03 PM

I love this movie (and I've had a crush on Kevin Kline for years)...but what I really love about the movie is how Meg Ryan basically wears a WHITE SHIRT for most of the movie....if you didn't notice this before - check it out -- she has about 6 different styles with the same shirt! An inspiration to over-packers everywhere!<BR><BR>Melodie

Bashaw Mar 25th, 2003 06:29 PM

wlzmatilida; If you like Kevin Kline, have you seen him play Hamlet? WOWWWWW!! Unforgettable! It was on PBS about 10 years ago.

icithecat Mar 25th, 2003 06:35 PM

I guess a french kiss is better than a glaswegan kiss.

John Mar 25th, 2003 06:43 PM

<BR>One of the better things the French gave us is the French kiss. Or did that orginate elsewhere?<BR><BR><BR>What's a glaswagen kiss??? Sounds German!

icithecat Mar 25th, 2003 06:47 PM

could be glaswegan. But with 20 claws and no thumbs I am typingly challenged.

kismetchimera Mar 25th, 2003 06:47 PM

Definitely must rent the video...Could use some laugh..:):)<BR>

Dayle Mar 25th, 2003 06:57 PM

Kevin Kline is definitely one of our best actors! If you want laughs, get his Oscar-winning film &quot;A Fish Called Wanda&quot; too. Hysterical!

cigalechanta Mar 25th, 2003 07:15 PM

You know he's great when you see him with Meryl Streep in &quot;Sophie's Choice&quot;<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

bookchick Mar 25th, 2003 07:32 PM

I thought the term &quot;French kissing&quot; has been recently replaced with the term &quot;freedom kissing&quot;. <BR><BR>I love the scene at the Riviera where Kevin Kline is talking to Timothy Hutton's French girlfriend, and describes the ocean as &quot;so full of fish&quot;!<BR><BR>BC

capo Mar 25th, 2003 07:54 PM

Re: &quot;One of the better things the French gave us is the French kiss. Or did that orginate elsewhere?&quot;<BR><BR>I'm sure that the people who made the marvellous paintings at Lascaux were kissing that way long before there were people known as French. :) <BR><BR>&quot;French Kiss&quot; is a fun flick; Kevin Kline plays a good rogue...or is that rouge? <BR>

Marilyn Mar 25th, 2003 08:01 PM

French Kiss is cute, but really, it shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as A Fish Called Wanda, one of the funniest films ever. Kevin Kline is priceless in it -- remember how he keeps smelling his armpit? And speaking Italian (mostly cheeses) to Jamie Lee Curtis?

wlzmatilida Mar 26th, 2003 06:38 PM

Bashaw....of course I've seen Kevin in Hamlet...I told ya, I have a crush..I see him in EVERY film he's in.<BR><BR>Cigalechanta...Sophie's Choice was the movie that I first saw him in and I was completely smitten...this just shows you what I know about men, as it turned out his character was crazy, which I took as romantic and endearing :)<BR><BR>After that, it was &quot;The Big Chill&quot; where he wasn't crazy, but equally as attractive (and I love the soundtrack and the entire movie which introduced us to a whole flock of talented people). Other best bets are: &quot;Dave&quot;, &quot;Soapdish&quot; and &quot;In &amp; Out&quot; where he does a mean dance routine!<BR><BR>Melodie

HuisClos Mar 26th, 2003 06:44 PM

The white shirt. Actually, that is funny. I noticed too that even though everything she had (money included) was stolen, she still manages to have several outfits to wear, including the blue and white striped one in Cannes.

abbekit Mar 26th, 2003 06:45 PM

I recommend the CD soundtrack, the music is great!

lyb Mar 26th, 2003 07:08 PM

HuisClos,<BR><BR>The reason why she has those other outfits in Cannes is that she uses his brother's credit cards to buy clothes. It is one of my favorite movie and have watched it dozens of times, I put in the VCR like other people put in music CDs. <BR><BR>I also recommend the CD, I have it and listen to it very, very often.<BR>

uncle_sam Mar 26th, 2003 07:15 PM

Sophies Choice...Yuck...chick flick!<BR><BR>Now The big Chill...top ten all time for sure!<BR><BR>US

georgiegirl Aug 8th, 2004 11:44 AM

I love this movie and have seen it many times. Will someone tell me about the train trip which was from Paris to Cannes, correct? Was it a regular train or TGV? The plot had her conveniently sick and off the train near his hometown. I have a dream trip of taking a regular train, get off when I think the village/town is interesting, wander around, and possible spend the night. Get back on it the next day. Repeat this until the train gets to the final destination, let's say Nice, Cannes, Marseilles, etc. Is this idea possible? Does it sound crazy? I love train traveling but has not been able to do it since my husband does not care for it. I did it when I was single. I would love to hear your ideas and advises.