french fries in Venice

Old May 9th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
french fries in Venice

Please don't laugh or be too disgusted--my 14 year old son has sensory issues which make it difficult for him to try different foods! He wants to know if there are any McD in Venice, or do the restaurants serve fries, and breaded chicken (I'm thinking chicken parmesan ordered plain. Is there a problem with getting chicken because of bird flu? He won't eat pizza, pasta or rice, but I'm sure he can survive on bread and gelato if necessary! So how about it --any french fries in Venice? (The last time I was there was 15 years ago, and I was not interested in fries!!!)Be nice--this is a serious question!
Old May 9th, 2006, 08:23 AM

There are at least two McD's and one Burgerking (that serve pizza too).
Old May 9th, 2006, 08:24 AM

I've never seen Chicken Parm on a menu in Italy, I think it's Italian-American.
Old May 9th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Neopolitan

For what it's worth, I gave in and had some MacDonald's french fries while waiting for a delayed train in the Florence train station. We had just come from Paris, and I swear they tasted as good as any I had there! So he should be happy with the McD's fries.

I have also seen breaded chicken breast at restaurants in Venice -- pollo Milanese?

Old May 9th, 2006, 08:43 AM

No ideas for french fries but wanted to make a suggestion.

Have you considered renting an apartment for your time in Venice?
Old May 9th, 2006, 09:05 AM
Original Poster

We are booked at the Relais Piazza San Marco, in the rooftop suite. We don't want an apt., just staying three nights, and leaving early in the a.m., so prefer the support of hotel. (I did look at some apts. originally. Also a.c. is a concern in some of them!)Thanks for the french fries answers, He will be happy/relieved!
Old May 9th, 2006, 09:32 AM

Since we will be in Venice with four children 12 and under, I searched for a McDonald's also. This is what I found: Supposedly there is one, but the location is unavailable on McDonald's web site.

Burger King: on Campo San Luca at one end of Calle dei Fuseri (near the Rialto Bridge).
Old May 9th, 2006, 09:46 AM

Kane, one MacD is located in Cannaregio on the Strada Nova, the main street approximately leading from Rialto to the train station and the McD is quite close to Ca d'Oro vaporetto stop.
Old May 9th, 2006, 10:04 AM

Hi treble, I cannot remember if I have ever eaten french fries while in Venice but I have sure ordered french fries all over Italy at restaurants. I love the fries in Italy! I would imagine your son will be able to order fries in at least some non McD restaurants.

Regarding your question about the chicken, there shouldn't be any problem obtaining chicken. Italians have cut way down on buying chicken and consequently the prices have gone way up in the grocery/meat stores however so I don't know if the cost of chicken has increased at restaurants and McD's etc.

Ah kids. One time my daughter, at about age 6, would only eat peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches and chocolate milk while we were on a trip along the westcoast of the US.
Old May 9th, 2006, 10:53 AM

Thank you kappa, I've written the locations on my Venice "work" map.
Old May 9th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your detailed info, and for not poking fun! As everyone knows, if your kid is hungry, the museums are just not worth it!
Old May 9th, 2006, 11:13 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Yes there is a McDonald's in Venice. Somewhere central because we noticed it just wandering around. Definitely.