Reload this Page >

French country house rental

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 09:49 PM
rh

I'm planning a one-month stay in France next summer and am trying to decide between the Loire Valley and Provence. Would appreciate advice on which region would offer <BR>more for a month stay as well as recommendations on possible real estate rentals. Thanks for the help!

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 09:52 PM
commander chekov

www.brownbooks.com has good info on bed and breakfast in france and europe and try www.bedandbreakfast.com as well

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 11:15 PM
PB

For a one month stay, I would recommend Provence - there's more than enough to see and do to keep you busy for the entire time. <BR> <BR>A good resource for finding a rental property are the Tourist Offices in each town - they list and rate them, and put you in touch with the owners to conclude the 'deal'. There is no agent, so no agent's fee to contend with. <BR> <BR>For example, you can get an idea by looking at the website for our village, which has an English language version. <BR> <BR>www.maussane.com <BR> (NO, I'm not advertising - my house is not on the website..I don't rent it out) <BR> <BR>PB <BR> <BR>

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 11:20 PM
Matt

I am an American who has lived in Europe for 3 years now. Just this year I have rented a home for a week in both Provence (May) and the Loire Valley (July). I can tell you that there are many more homes to rent in Provence, but you will have no problems finding ones in the Loire Valley. If I had to choose between these two for a whole month I would pick the Loire Valley because I liked the sights more and there are more options for daytrips. Paris isn't that far away. Versailles, Chartes, Le Mans, Fontaine le ....?, Angers, Nantes, etc. Vacation rentals are the way to go definately!!! Go to Yahoo, choose travel, countries, France, regions, Loire Valley, vacation rentals. There are plenty to choose from. Also, if you are able to speak/understand French there are tons of websites for house rentals. If you want specific sites email me and I will try to give you a list of 10 or 20 sites.

Old Aug 21st, 2001, 08:15 AM
Betty

Why not split your month between the two? If you want to stay put for a month I would also vote for Provence. Two of my favorite sources for info are http://www.gites-de-france.fr/fr/index.htm AND http://www.flv.fr/ Both have English versions. Or, if you would like to stay in the Luberon area of Provence: www.coquelicot.com Less luxurious homes at good prices. Let me know if you need further help.