I'm going on my first trip to Europe (from New Zealand) for end of August to near the end of September, and looking for some help in prioritizing some destinations as i only have about a month. My basic itinerary is:
London 5-6 days
Amsterdam 3 days
Somewhere near Dubrovnik (5 days)
Cinque Terre 3-4 days
After that, i would really like to see Cannes/Nice and Chamonix & Annecy, but i really don't see time for both before i fly out of Paris. If i am already going to Croatia, would Cannes and Nice be better to skip as they look somewhat similar?
I guess my interests are food, scenery & outdoors, culture meeting people & beaches. The art, architecture, museum isn't really that high on my list . I'm 27 so would like to go where i'm going to meet people my own age.
I know this is all very vague, but i guess my main question is how different are the French Riviera to Croatia? Would Chamonix be a bad place to go in summer?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 2 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 3 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 4 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 5 beware of robbed in Milan
- 6 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 7 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 8 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 9 First time in Spain
- 10 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 11 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 12 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 13 Once upon a time in Italy
- 14 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 15 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 16 GTG Paris December 2017
- 17 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 18 Paris November 2017
- 19 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 20 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 21 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 22 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 23 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 24 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 25 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel