Frankfurt to Stuttgart

Search

Frankfurt to Stuttgart

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24th, 2017, 06:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frankfurt to Stuttgart

Kindly guide me how do I reach Stuttgart from Frankfurt international airport by ICE.
Thanks
Old Oct 24th, 2017, 06:19 AM

Walk from terminal to Fernbahnhof airport train station -buy tickets there for next train. www.bahn.de/en for details - book your own discounted tickets well in advance but they are train specific and can't be changed from that train so leave plenty of time for planes to be late.

Direct trains from airport.

For lots on trains check www.seat61.com; www.budgeteuropetravel.com and www.ricksteves.com.

can always buy tickets and get on trains as walk-up but see how much you could save with discounted fares.
Old Oct 24th, 2017, 08:56 AM

Walk-up fare about 65 euros - direct trains from airport Fernbahnhof station (long-distance as opposed to Regional Bahnhof - local trains) take just over an hour - fares as low as 29-39 euros if you book far enough in advance to get them but again those are for a specific train and cannot be changed - I'd just land, leisurely go thru Immigration, etc and head to Fernbahnhof (about a 15-minute walk from main terminal) and buy your tickets there - or buy in advance at www.bahn.de/en -full fare ticket that can be used on any ICE trains to Stuttgart which leave hourly or half-hourly.

When are you going?
Old Oct 24th, 2017, 09:48 AM

Check with your airline whether they participate in DB's Rail&Fly programm. Tickets are approx. €30 and are good for any train to any station in Germany. Tickets are distributed via your airline and not available at the FRA airport station.
Old Oct 24th, 2017, 10:47 AM

Great tip from sla019 - have to keep that wonderful option in mind in future. Unbeatable price and just head to train.