Reload this Page >

Frankfurt on business for 2 months

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2000, 10:12 AM
Kristina

Hi...I'm travelling and staying in Frankfurt for 2 months. Does anyone have suggestions of what good weekend trips I should take by myself. I'm a single woman so looking for relativly safe jaunts. Thxs

Old Aug 7th, 2000, 11:59 AM
mikebartley

Mainz, Weisbaden, <BR>Rotenberg-ab-der-Tauber, Berlin, anywhere really; the trains are so good.

Old Aug 7th, 2000, 12:20 PM
Lee

Kristina: I lived and worked in Frankfurt and did what you are doing: i took weekend or holiday jaunts. <BR> <BR>It depended on how much time I had as to how far I went and typically, I drove. If you will be taking the train, it won't really matter as they are safe and reliable. <BR> <BR>Some of my favorites were the middle Rhine River between Rudesheim and Koblenz (and to Mainz on the other side), Wurzburg, Rothenburg (both just east) and Heidelburg, which is close by (south). We did these numerous times and are day trips. <BR> <BR>For the weekend, being two to three days, I would suggest Cologne on the Rhine and maybe Trier along the border of France. There is Brugges and Brussels and of course, Amsterdam (including Vollendam, Haarlem, etc.)

Old Aug 7th, 2000, 12:21 PM
stacey

I'll add Trier, Heidelberg, and Stuttgart (just once).

Old Aug 7th, 2000, 12:42 PM
kristina

Thanks for the suggestions!!