Hi Travel Friends,
My husband and I are trying to plan a quick long anniversary weekend trip to Frankfurt area the last weekend of September (yes next weekend). We are interested in wine tasting and visiting a few castles. I have read about the Romantic Road area.
We will fly into Frankfurt and are not sure if we should stay in Frankfurt or try to position ourselves better in Rothenburg and use that as our base for the weekend.
Have any of you done a weekend trip here and toured castles? If so, did you go with a tour or did you travel by train my yourselves? We are well traveled but are worried about our short time frame that we will waste lots of time trying to figure it out on our on.
I would appreciate your feedback and tips that you all have learned from traveling through the Romantic Road/ castles, wineries etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL 1~800~681:7208 password reset Contact AOL Tec*h care
- 2 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 3 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 4 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 5 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 6 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 7 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 8 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 9 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 10 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 11 9 day trip to France
- 12 Paris November 2017
- 13 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 14 2 week May trip with kids
- 15 Arezzo - how much time?
- 16 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 17 Which Aran Island??
- 18 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 19 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 20 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 21 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 22 Easter Week in Italy
- 23 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 24 Airport Transfer
- 25 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
Frankfurt long weekend (late September) castle tours, wine tasting ?
Hi Travel Friends,