Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Frankfurt Hotel..Le Meridien or Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof

Frankfurt Hotel..Le Meridien or Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof

Mar 1st, 2002, 02:37 PM
lucky

Frankfurt Hotel..Le Meridien or Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof

Been to FRA many times. Usually stay at Sheraton Airport or Grand Arabella. This time..next week.. I am looking to stay at either the Le Meridien or Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof. Any suggestions or preferences from anyone who has stayed at both ???

Mar 12th, 2002, 01:19 AM
Lilli

The Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof is considered the best, most classic and elegant hotel and I would take that one! It is also in a good location. I do not know the Meridien, it is not very famous.

Mar 12th, 2002, 01:44 AM
Miriam

Hi Lucky,

I second Lilly`s opinion. I would go for the Frankfurter Hof. Le Meridien is definitely a great hotel, but I don`t like the location near the Hauptbahnhof. I wouldn`t say that it is seedy, but Frankfurter Hof is closer to everything. They have two restaurants, "Oskar`s" and "Francais". "Oskar`s" is more casual, a lot of business people go there for after-business drinks, whereas "Francais" is a more upscale French restaurant. If you like to smoke cigars..."Havannah Lounge" is in the same building.

Have fun

Miriam

Search this Thread