Frankfurt Airport

Jan 19th, 2002, 01:56 PM
Linda

Frankfurt Airport

Hi we will have five hours layover At Frankfurt airport. This will be from 5 to 10 AM. We will be jet lagged and have another four hour plane ride ahead. Will restaurants and shops be open. Was there a few months ago, but did not have time to look. Our friends want to find a bar. Just think I'd rather shop and find a place to relax.

Jan 19th, 2002, 09:35 PM
Bob

Just walk across the way to the Sheraton Frankfurt that is connected to the airport and chill out. I am sure they have some bar open somewhere.

Jan 20th, 2002, 01:50 AM
Sjoerd

Yes, shops and bars will be open. Perhaps not at 5 AM, but certainly from 6 AM at least some bars and shops will open.

Jan 20th, 2002, 06:53 AM
s.fowler

What's available to you will depend whether you are "in transit" or whether you go through customs/immigration in FRA. If your luggage is checked through to your final destination you will definitely be in transit. From my memory of FRA [last December] is that once things open -- there is splenty to do in the shop/eat category. The signage is also excellent.

Jan 25th, 2002, 08:18 AM
Ann

If you're facing another flight, you might want to catch a quick wink, and Frankfurt airport has some pretty comfortable recliner-type lounge chairs, some in quiet areas. Take a walk around to find them; some are nearby shops where you can pick up bottled water, snacks, etc. as well as the restaurants.