Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > FRANCE- WW1 and WW2 Battlefield Tours
Notices

FRANCE- WW1 and WW2 Battlefield Tours

Oct 18th, 2011, 06:41 AM
Original Poster

FRANCE- WW1 and WW2 Battlefield Tours

Hello
A group of 6 men ( middle aged- but don't tell them!!) want to visit the 2 World War Battlefields in France. Do any of you know of Tour Operators that do both Wars? The guys would be willing to customize a trip or buy into a pre planned trip. They would like to spend about 10 days on the trip. Thank you for your time and thoughts.
Oct 18th, 2011, 07:18 AM

While w made up and did our own tours by car, we ran into this group while staying in Ypres. They were staying in the same hotel and over drinks one evening they invited us to go along on their private tour on the Memorial chapel . They were very knoledgible and the group seemed delighted with what they had seen.I think they can also do a personalized tour. I wold concentrate on the WWI sites there are so ant and all so very moving.

http://www.battlefieldtours.co.uk/
Oct 18th, 2011, 07:33 AM

I would suggest they plan this themselves (planning is half the fun!) and get consensus on which places to see.

Get a minivan and just go. The roads around these sites are EMPTY and it's very easy driving.

I would also suggest including the Ypres area (which is just across the border in Belgium, not in France).

Some of the larger sites will have English speaking guides available on the spot so you get the expertise while maintaining freedom and flexibility.
Oct 18th, 2011, 09:41 AM

Hi; This doesn't answer you question, but gives you a little information. Richard abmc.gov/cemeteries/cemeteries.php

Search this Thread