After countless hours within these forums, I’ve built a draft itinerary for our upcoming 5 week holiday in Europe next July/Aug (flying in and out from Paris)
For those that have experienced these countries, do you have any changes or suggestions you would make to the below draft itinerary? Do it feel too rushed?
We are in our 30’s, so easily able to move around, but also want to soak up the atmosphere of each town. We love our food and wine and the culture that comes with that!
I am open to as many changes as you see fit, the only change we can’t make is San Sebastian & Mojacar as we are meeting up with friends.
Paris (5th or 6th quarter) - 5 nights
Train to Bordeaux - 2 nights
Train to San Sebastian - 3 nights (via train change at Irun station)
Mojacar - 3 nights (We’ll be staying with friends who will pick us up from San Sebastian)
Drive to Seville - 2 nights (looking at hiring a car from Almeria)
Fly or Train to Barcelona - 3 nights
Fly to Rome - 4 nights
Train to Florence - 3 nights
Train to Cinque Terre 1 night (or extra night in Florence)
Train to Venice - 2 nights
Train or Hire Car to Lucerne or Interlaken – 3 nights
Train to Paris 0 1 night (to catch a 12pm flight home from Paris the following day)
Finally, my next step is to start looking at accommodation…I am happy to do the research on this, but if you have any MUST SEE/STAY suggestions that we should look at, definitely open to hear those too. We are currently estimating around the 150 (euros) mark per night/close to the main attractions where possible.
Thanks in advance for any help you are able to provide!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RICOH printer 1800:681:72O8 installation CONTACT RICOH Tec*h by 24/7
- 2 Driving
- 3 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 4 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 5 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 6 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 7 Problem with Trip Advisor
- 8 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 9 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 10 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 11 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 12 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 13 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 14 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 15 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 16 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 17 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 18 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 19 GTG Paris December 2017
- 20 Paris or Rome dinner recommendations
- 21 Malaga Christmas lights
- 22 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 23 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 24 Poland--where else to go
- 25 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond