France in Late March

Old Jun 3rd, 2024, 08:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
France in Late March

We saw a good price for a couple of seats to CDG for the end of March and grabbed them. We are at the early stage of trying to decide where to go and would like some suggestions as we take the weather into consideration.

I know we can do Paris at that time of year with all the opportunities for indoor activities and that is a possibility. We have been to Nice, Monaco and Cannes before and that area will have better weather. We have also been to Provence and Avignon. Are there any suggestions for other places in the south of France that might have a little better chance for sunny weather than the North that might be a good choice. We are also open to something new or off the beaten track.

Bordeaux, Marseille, Dordogne, Bayonne, Carcassone?

Alternatively, somewhere where there are indoor activities where weather is not an issue.

We are not adverse to rain but we are just trying to be realistic that it could be cool and damp. We will be prepared either way
Old Jun 3rd, 2024, 08:11 AM

Why not Corsica? No indoor activities but spectacular scenery and better chances of good weather.
Old Jun 3rd, 2024, 10:02 AM

I would suggest Toulouse (includes indoor activities) and going from there towards the Mediterranean (usually much sunnier and a little milder than going towards the Atlantic). Aim to end up near Collioure or Perpignan general area (Roussillon). A hop over to the Costa Brava (Spain) from there is also an option. Gorgeous areas without a doubt. Smaller towns may be a little sleepy at that time of year.

Weather-wise, the above suggestion of Corsica is also worthy. Just be aware that outside larger population centres, many things risk being closed (happened to my work colleague) and strong winds may be an issue.
Old Jun 3rd, 2024, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by kanadajin
I would suggest Toulouse (includes indoor activities) and going from there towards the Mediterranean (usually much sunnier and a little milder than going towards the Atlantic). Aim to end up near Collioure or Perpignan general area (Roussillon). A hop over to the Costa Brava (Spain) from there is also an option. Gorgeous areas without a doubt. Smaller towns may be a little sleepy at that time of year.

Weather-wise, the above suggestion of Corsica is also worthy. Just be aware that outside larger population centres, many things risk being closed (happened to my work colleague) and strong winds may be an issue.
I second Collioure! I was just going to suggest it.
Old Jun 3rd, 2024, 11:51 AM

Seeing fantastic villages built into the rock like St Cirq Lapopie or La Roque Gageac never gets tiring, even in the rain and cold, so I would look into the southwest.
Old Jun 5th, 2024, 08:03 AM

These are all great suggestions - and I will add that I was just in Paris in March and it was WONDERFUL. Mild weather (really not all that cold, and only rained one day) and so much less crowded than normal. Was a great time to explore Paris minus the insane crowds of the summer or (I've found) even the Fall at this point (even though Fall in Paris is still my fave.)