My wife and I are planning a trip to France in Dec 2014. I will be reaching Paris on Dec 24, 2014 and departing from Paris on Jan 6, 2015. I was looking to spend about 5 nights in Paris at the start of our trip. I would greatly appreciate any inputs on the following:
We plan to head to Strasburg on Dec 29, 2014 for a couple of nights for the Christmas markets, which, I believe are open till Dec 31. Is that too late? Should we instead do a day trip head to Strasburg on say Dec 26 or 27 for the Christmas markets? Is it possible to return to Paris the same day?
Since options in Dec are limited, what would be the best itinerary for us to plan for the rest of the trip after the 5 nights in Paris? We would ideally prefer a combination of small towns and the countryside. Neither of us have been anywhere in France except Paris before this. We aren't looking at skiing or travelling too much and would prefer train travel to renting a car (though renting is doable if necessary).
Please feel free to suggest any alterations to our trip, including reshuffling the Paris dates.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 Days in Austria
- 2 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 3 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 4 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 5 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
- 6 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 7 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 8 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 9 Portugal
- 10 Feedback on where to go (23 Mar to 8 Apr 2018)
- 11 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 12 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 13 Christmas Markets 2017
- 14 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 15 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 16 Le Marche Research Help
- 17 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 18 land vs river cruise
- 19 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 20 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 21 Tips for first trip to UK
- 22 paris to london- day trip
- 23 10 days in europe
- 24 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 25 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!