My daughter (10) and I are arriving in Paris in 2 weeks for our first time visit to France, and I am trying to do the last minute planning and bookings. I am having a hard time finalizing the itinerary as there is so much to see and do, and I am desperately trying to not spend all our time on trains, which will be our only mode of transportation. All comments and suggestions for the itinerary are much appreciated.
Paris- 5 nights, we have accommodations booked.
Loire Valley- 2 nights. Arrive early in the day but can't decide where to stay, Amboise or Tours? Dtr wants to spend time at one of the castles playing on da Vinci's working models, and we wouldn't mind seeing another castle or two.
Sarlat- 3 nights, accommodations booked.
Provence- 3 nights. Not sure where to stay, or how long? Once again, can't decide between Arles, Avignon, Aix... I've read threads, posts, but am none the wiser for it I checked the train schedule, and depending on where we decide to stay, the earliest we would arrive would be around 16:00 hrs or later, thus not leaving too much time for exploring on that day. I'd like to see the lavender fields if its not too late in mid-August, the rest of the time we are happy just wondering and exploring around town. Ideally, I'd love to see small towns, villages.
Menton- Not sure why I picked this one over some other ones on coast. 3 nights. no accommodation booked yet.
Annecy or Colmar for 2 nights? Realistically, most of the first day would likely be spend traveling, so there would only be one day for exploring the city. Or given the time crunch is it better to leave it out and spend extra time somewhere else?
Back to Paris for the last 2 nights.
Could you also share your thoughts on whether its better to bring one small suitcase (my daughter's, carry on) and me carry a backpack, or both of us bring a suitcase. I am worried that if the walk turns out to be a long one I will get stuck with her suitcase as well I've read one of the posts on this forum and am leaning towards the backpack.
Any other ideas and suggestions, especially the Must See! in these areas, are welcome.
Thanks so much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 US :AVG @ Installation Contact 1800:681:7208 AVG Tec*h sup0rt care 24/7
- 2 Sleep at Heathrow
- 3 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 4 Serious fire at Cameron House Hotel, Loch Lomond
- 5 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 6 Two week Europe itenirary help
- 7 Keukenhaf
- 8 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 9 Arezzo - how much time?
- 10 South of London in March, ancient trees and Daffodils?
- 11 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 12 Netherlands- Texel
- 13 9 Day trip itinerary west and northern ireland
- 14 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 15 Annecy or Talloires or other?
- 16 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 17 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 18 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 19 9 day trip to France
- 20 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 21 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 22 England
- 23 Santa Maria Novella products??
- 24 Waze Navigation in Iteland? Or other?
- 25 US dairy vs European Dairy