Me and my fiancee are planning on going to France for two weeks for our honeymoon starting on the 27th of August. We have both lived there for a year (long time ago though!) so we speak some French and know Paris and the Northern parts. We would greatly appreciate any feedback on our itinerary and what improvements could be made! We are going to drive to the different destinations, starting from Paris flying back from Nice. Currently our itinerary looks like this:
Paris 1 night - staying at Le Burgundy, dinner at 3 star restaurant
La Rochelle 1 night - Masqhotel (we have some friends here)
St Emilion 2 nights - Chateau Grand Barrail (visit Bordeaux wine country)
Brantome (would Sarlat be a better option here?) 2 nights - Moulin de Vigonac (explore Dordogne)
Laguiole 1 night - Michel Bras (stop on the way to Provence, enjoy good food)
Bonnieux 4 nights - Domaine de Capelongue (explore Luberon and Provence)
Nice 2 nights - Le Palais de Mediterranee (drive along the coast, enjoy the Cote D'azur)
My only worry is that we are spreading ourselves too thin. But on the other hand, we are looking to do a "driving" honeymoon.
Any input is greatly appreciated! We really want to make it an unforgettable experience!
Bo & Jenny Ann
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 2 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 3 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 4 Paris November 2017
- 5 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 6 ICELAND in February
- 7 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 8 The World's Greatest Churches
- 9 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 10 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 11 11-12 nights in Portugal
- 12 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 13 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 14 paris to london- day trip
- 15 10 days in Portugal
- 16 My France Vacation
- 17 Malaga Christmas lights
- 18 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 19 GTG Paris December 2017
- 20 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 21 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 22 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 23 Driving
- 24 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 25 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg