I am trying to plan my 12 day honeymoon to France from the US this May (2017) and wanted to get some suggestions for adventurous travelers. We have never been to France and only an elementary understanding of the language with a ~$4,000 budget.
Here is my rough itinerary:
Start: Arrive in Nice and spend 3 days on a beach in French Riviera;
Tour wine vineyards somewhere (Burgundy might be most efficient);
Normandy day trip;
Paris: 3 days in the city before flying back out.
Any frequently overlooked stops that are worth the time?
Would renting a car be a better option than the train for travelling around France?
Thoughts on training to Brussels, London, or another city for a day trip from Paris?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 2 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 3 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 4 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 5 Hip Pocket Wifi
- 6 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 7 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 8 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 9 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 10 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 11 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona
- 12 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 13 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 14 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 15 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 16 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 17 Amalfi as a home base for the Amalfi Coast
- 18 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 19 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 20 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 21 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 22 Paris November 2017
- 23 Has Berlin Banned Vacation Rentals?
- 24 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 25 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions