Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > France /fastest route from Strasbourg to St. Etienne

France /fastest route from Strasbourg to St. Etienne

Feb 20th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Original Poster

France /fastest route from Strasbourg to St. Etienne

Hello,
We would appreciate any help your could give us as to the fastest route between Strasbourg and St. Etienne ? We have been on the Db website , however not getting very far.
We are wanting to use a Euro-rail flexpass.
Thank you
Feb 20th, 2011, 12:46 PM

Try http://www.voyages-sncf.com/billet-train. According to that site, it will take 6 hours with a change in Paris and a change in Lyon.
Feb 20th, 2011, 03:49 PM
ira

Hi MT,

What is troubling you about www.bahn.de?

>We are wanting to use a Euro-rail flexpass.<

Is there a reason why you want to buy a railpass for one trip?

Feb 21st, 2011, 12:37 PM
Original Poster

Thank you Michael for your help. We were missing the fact that we would have to go back to Paris.

Ira, I guess , I did not explain myself before, we will be in Europe for 3 1/2 weeks beginning in Paris for 3 days(June 8) using the trains throughout our trip . Then it is on to Brussels for one night, Holland 3 nights ( family)and Germany 5 nights ( family) then back to France(family) 2 nights and finally onto Italy , Lac Como,then using Venice as a base for 6 nights (touring The Venetto) until our one son and family join us for a 11 day cruise into Split , Montenegro, Greek Islands, Turkey and back to Venice , flying home (Canada ) on JUly 16.
We would have liked to have changed when we visited Holland for instance , however my brother was going to be away at that time ,hence we are into a bit of backtracking .

It is a pretty full trip , we realize ,however we have made somewhat similar trips like this and have found the trains to be a great way to travel especially using the flex -pass.We do appreciate your questioning Ira, for the need of a flex-pass , since it would not make sense unless you were staying for awhile and going some distance.

My DH really wants to go to Lac Como , and even wanted to stay in Milan ,I was not keen on the latter , so we have comprised and are now looking for a place to stay in Lac Como.If anyone knows of decent mid-range accomodations there , we would appreciate that.

This is the year of our 50th wedding anniversay , and instead of a due we decided we would do what we really love and that is travel to Europe again.. We are both very agile and needless to say--- very excited .
I am a bit concerned about clothes for the cruise ship ,needed for the end of our trip . We just don't want to pack more than we need to --been there, done that . I am working on this now .

Opinions on any of the above , is always appreciated
Feb 21st, 2011, 12:47 PM
Original Poster

I forgot to mention we would be staying in Strasbourg on our way back into France. Apparently , when the European Parliament is in session for a week (each month except August) it is extremely challenging to find accommodations, does anyone know when that would be happening in the month of June?

Search this Thread