I'm going to France this May 2013 for 10 days. Intended to go Paris, Strasbourg and still decide on one more city to go to.
For this trip I want to go to cities that I can walk around and explore the city. I don't want to visit a city that I have to take a taxi or bus to go around 20, 30km to visit a castle or something similar and come back.
Travel further by train is no issue with me, as long as the city/village i can see by walking then it's fine with me.
since it's the first time I will go to France, I need more ideas from experienced travellers.
Thanks a lot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 2 Barcelona to Malaga
- 3 Which Area in London?
- 4 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 5 Milan airport--which one
- 6 Trains - website?
- 7 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 8 two days in Nice
- 9 Visit to France
- 10 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 11 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 12 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 13 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 14 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 15 First time in Spain
- 16 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 17 Paris Apartment
- 18 New fast track
- 19 Packing Champagne
- 20 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 21 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 22 Itinerary Help, Please!!!
- 23 Once upon a time in Italy
- 24 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 25 Private Driver in Malaga Spain