With your help, DH and I spent a dream month in Spain 2013. Now we'd like to explore France. We love history and museums, and have been reading threads of great adventures you have shared. We like active outdoors things and small villages.
France looks to be more of a navigational challenge than Spain. (Hope I am wrong!) It is so helpful to know the best way to connect from one area to another before designing an itinerary. Rick Steve's and Lonely Planet were immense help making connections from place to place in Spain. I am not finding this info as readily on France. I speak French, hubby loves to navigate on foot and by car. Together, it works.
Best flights look to be Air France R/T to CDG.
Here are my thoughts: (September 2015)
Paris (8 days)
Chartres (day trip or over night en route to Loire Valley?)
Loire Valley (Train or car to get there?) Car when there, for sure.
Dordogne (Yes, we have Stu's itinerary!! yea!!) I used up all the printer paper. ha ha
Gorges de Verdon
Chamonix??? (Always wanted to see it but the Aiguille looks to be pretty frosty.
Mer de Glace would ring his bell, though.)
Yvoire and/or Lake Geneva
We would like to use a car when necessary, but take trains for a break.
Please mention anything you love that will make us want to change up this plan.
Merci mille fois!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 2 Internet Cafe in Rome, Florence, and Venice
- 3 Best way to get mobile internet in Spain?
- 4 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 5 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 6 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 7 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 8 Hip Pocket Wifi
- 9 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 10 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 11 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 12 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 13 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 14 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona
- 15 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 16 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 17 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 18 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 19 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 20 Amalfi as a home base for the Amalfi Coast
- 21 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 22 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 23 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 24 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 25 Paris November 2017