Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/france-2016-paris-avignon-provence-nice-1121427/)

evarcht Jul 27th, 2016 07:10 AM

France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice

Myself, my wife and my 8 year old daughter spent the first party of July traveling from Paris to Avignon to Provence and then to Nice. I kept a travel blog on the trip so that my family and friends could follow along with us (it's a personal blog--no advertising--I make no $ from it) and it may be helpful to other readers...where we went, what we saw, where we ate, etc. Hope it inspires and informs. Here is the link: jonestravelblog.com

joan Jul 27th, 2016 09:57 AM

Just read a few parts. Loved it! Thanks for sharing.

thevacationqueen Jul 27th, 2016 11:03 AM

I just spent almost an hour enjoying your blog and travels from 2014-2016. We've been to most of the same places, but it's great to "see" them thru others eyes. Your photos are incredible, and Lena is adorable--what an adventure this is for her!

tdk320n Jul 27th, 2016 11:47 AM

Thank you for posting such incredible pictures of Nice and sharing your experiences .
I vacation there every year for about 1 week and your photos brought back many many happy memories
Such a tragedy the attack on Bastille Day
Looking forward to reading your other blogs

kiwiabroad3000 Jul 27th, 2016 12:46 PM

Wow your photos are truly incredible! I love all of your photos of Paris especially! I'm heading to Paris next week and looking at your snaps just made me even more excited!

Lois2 Jul 27th, 2016 01:20 PM

Excellent report..thank you so much..we were there same exact time..stayed in Antibes not nice but many places you were are the same..we too got buffeted with the mistral and enjoyed the blooming lavender.

DebitNM Jul 29th, 2016 11:36 AM

Your daughter is a very lucky little lady; it took me several additional decades before I did this same route.

I have been several times since the first trip a few years ago and each time I go, I fall more in love with Paris and Provence.

I have been fortunate enough to have spent close to six months living in Provence and it is absolutely a wondrous place.

Macross Jul 29th, 2016 01:59 PM

The chocolate olives were beautiful. Dang, bet the nuns enjoyed them.

cobbie2 Jul 30th, 2016 07:15 AM

Seeing the photo of the crowds before the Mona Lisa makes me glad I saw it in peace many years ago.

travelhorizons Jul 30th, 2016 09:56 AM

What a fabulous blog! Thanks for sharing. I'll be retracing your steps in September/October and appreciated the advice especially on the Luberon and GPS.

gudava Jul 30th, 2016 03:18 PM

Your apartment sounds wonderful. How did you find it? I will be there in two months.

tomboy Aug 2nd, 2016 07:18 AM

Your photos of the calanques turned out far more beautiful than mine. Kudos.

I'm curious; how does one make such a photoblog? I'd like to do that in the future.

evarcht Aug 3rd, 2016 07:44 AM

@gudava- which apartment did you like and I would be glad to share the info...were you referring to Nice or Paris?

@tomboy- I just have an account with Wordpress...it is very user friendly...you upload your photos and write the text and hit "publish". It's "free" but with limitations on media storage, so I have a paid account. Go for it! It's a great way to remember your travels.

and to all of the others...thank you so much for the compliments! I hope I inspired, brought back lovely memories or offered some good advice!

LadyYogi Aug 8th, 2016 12:02 PM

evarcht - thank you for sharing these stunning photos of your trip! My husband and I are going to France for the first time in September and we are trying to decide which town to stay in the South. Reading your blog is very helpful. We thought of staying in Aix-en-Provence but after seeing your photos I am thinking maybe Les Baux or Avignon instead. We will be taking TGV from Paris to the South and renting a car. The places you stayed look fabulous!