My partner and I will be visiting Paris from the 14th(early morning) to the 18th or April. I am very excited about our vacation and have planned lots of thing for each day but I am not sure if the plan is too ambitious. We would be truly grateful if you gays give us some advice as it is our first time in Paris.
We are staying in an apartment on the Boulevard Arago, pretty close to the RER/Metro station. As we are arrive early in the morning I hope we will be able to catch a market opened in the neighborhood, if not head straight to the Latin Quarter and the Pantheon. Go back to the apartment, nap and take the metro to Musee d'Orsay. Walk to our apartment passing Pont des Arts, Saint Germain, Saint-Sulpice and Luxembourg Gardens.
Day 2 - Morning visit to Sainte-Chapelle followed by some exploration of Ile de la Cite and Notre Dame. Take the metro to Musee de l'Orangerie, after visiting the museum walk to the Eiffel Tower stopping by Pont Alexandre and Jardin des Tuileries on the way.
Day 3 - Have breakfast in Place des Vosges, walk to Rue Montorgueil, Jardin du Palais, Opera District, Palais Garnier and L'église de la Madeleine. Then head to Arc de Triomphe and Champ Elysees. Go to Montmartre in the late afrernoon, visit the church and explore the neighborhood.
Day 4 - Wake up early, catch the sncf train to Versailles. Spend the day there, visit Louvre is the evening as it's a Wednesday.
Is my plan too crazy and unwalkable? Do you guys have different suggestions? Thanks a bunch!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 2 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 3 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 4 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 5 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 6 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 7 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona
- 8 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 9 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 10 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 11 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 12 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 13 Amalfi as a home base for the Amalfi Coast
- 14 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 15 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 16 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 17 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 18 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 19 Paris November 2017
- 20 Has Berlin Banned Vacation Rentals?
- 21 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 22 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 23 Barcelona to Malaga
- 24 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 25 Christmas week in Ireland