Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Formule 1 pass and Mobilis in Paris -- same thing or different?

Formule 1 pass and Mobilis in Paris -- same thing or different?

May 5th, 2000, 06:27 AM
Kristin Lucas
Formule 1 pass and Mobilis in Paris -- same thing or different?

We're leaving for Paris May 25. Have been doing alot of reading on this website and have read about the Formule 1 pass and references to Mobilis pass -- are they the same thing? Can you buy such a pass at CDG and then use it on the Roissybus? If so, how much would it cost? I guess it would have to be the zone 1-5 version. Is that correct?
May 5th, 2000, 10:31 AM
All I can tell you about is the Mobilis pass, because we bought it last year in Paris. The Carte Orange pass works Monday thru Sunday (unlimited use metro/bus pass). We left on Tuesday, so we needed a one-day unlimited use pass, so we bought the Mobilis pass and it worked fine. However, I have no clue as to its vaility on anything other than the metro in zones 1-2 (central Paris), which is what we got, I believe. I have to wonder if it would be worth the extra cost to buy a pass with the 1-5 zones if only to use the Roissybus. You might check some other websites or search this site for information about getting from the airport to your hotel/center of Paris and figure out the cost of the Roissybus. You might check the French tourism site for prices on the different metro passes.

I guess I didn't help much. Sorry.
May 5th, 2000, 12:15 PM
Here's a website that should help:

I don't think the Formule 1 exists anymore under that name; the Paris Visite has taken its place for a several-day pass.

Do NOT buy a pass to cover transport from the airport - you are paying for days of zone 8 trips when you only need 2 trips. Pay for the bus or RER separately. Buy a zone 1-2 pass, whether it's the Visite, Mobilis or Carte Orange.

Pay for a trip to Versailles separately, too.

Search this Thread