I think I've gotten myself into quite a mess. I'm currently in my final year at a university in Italy (I'm an American who is doing a 2-year masters program here) and my first year's permit expired last September. Back then, I was told that the officials wouldn't mind a little delay and what with preparing for graduate school entrance exams, etc, I completely forgot about it.
Except now it's mid-April and I only just recalled that I hadn't applied for my Permit renewal when I had to go to the dentist and was unable to use my expired permit.
I realize how idiotic my life choices have been up to now, and deserve to be berated. My issue is that I'm not sure what would happen to me now if I submitted my application for renewal now - it is already half a year late. Would I be fined/jailed for being an illegal immigrant or something? It was completely accidental but it sounds far-fetched, I would think. Your thoughts/personal experiences with such a matter would be very much appreciated. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HOTMAIL 1800:681:7208 Password Reset Contact HOTMAIL Tec*h Supp0rt Care
- 2 The World's Greatest Churches
- 3 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 4 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 5 Driving
- 6 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 7 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 8 Problem with Trip Advisor
- 9 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 10 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 11 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 12 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 13 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 14 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 15 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 16 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 17 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 18 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 19 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 20 GTG Paris December 2017
- 21 Paris or Rome dinner recommendations
- 22 Malaga Christmas lights
- 23 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 24 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 25 Poland--where else to go