For Tourists in Paris Now

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12th, 2015, 03:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I leave Monday for Paris, so have been watching the weather forecast. It appears to have been in the 50-60 degree range, cloudy, showers and it looks to be similar for the next 10 days. I realize weather is totally unpredictable, but usually it will fall in the ballpark that is forecasted. Since you are there, is this what you found the weather to be like this week? I was all set to bring winter clothes, but not if it is 50-60 degrees. I'm from the Pacific Northwest, and that temperature is not considered cold.
Old Nov 12th, 2015, 03:44 PM

We were in Paris 3+ weeks ago and on some days it never got out of the 40s. In early/mid December 2009 - it snowed one day.

Stu Dudley
Old Nov 12th, 2015, 04:22 PM

You might get some additional replies if you post this in the France forum.
Old Nov 12th, 2015, 04:30 PM

And ask for the temps in degrees Celsius. Thermometers outside pharmacies in France display temps in Celsius.

Stu Dudley
Old Nov 12th, 2015, 05:00 PM

Have been in Nov twice and neither time was it cold. It got chilly at night and was rainy at times but a leather jacket was plenty - no winter coat needed.

I would check a couple of the weather sites for averages. And bring a couple of things you can layer if necessary.

Definitely have 2 pair of comfy water-proofed shoes and a sturdy folding umbrella.
Old Nov 12th, 2015, 06:50 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, everyone. I thought I had posted to France, but I guess I didn't. I'm going to keep an eye on the forecast, but will pack for layering and leave my winter coat at home.
Old Nov 12th, 2015, 07:32 PM

There is no France forum; it's the Europe forum. But you didn't tag your post France; it won't be found by people looking only at posts tagged France.
Old Nov 12th, 2015, 08:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
There is a forum for every country, Mimar. That's why there is a selector at the top of the page.
Old Nov 12th, 2015, 09:32 PM

Hi baglady,k

I'm in Paris now, and yes, you're right -- it's not cold. I brought a wool coat, but that's too heavey for the afternoons. Yesterday I wore a base layer, a sweater, and a cardigan, and I was comfortable (I'm always cold).

But really the best option is to pack layers, and a raincoat with zip-out lining is probably the best thing for fall weather.

I guarantee that if you don't have some kind of winter coat . . . you will need it.

s
Old Nov 12th, 2015, 09:49 PM

The weather has been great recently. Any rain has been a drizzle, but rarely enough to need an umbrella. I've been very comfortable, and sometimes warm, wearing a long sweater and a scarf. But you will see many Parisians all bundled up.
Old Nov 13th, 2015, 12:06 AM

It has been unusually mild in North West Europe - France, Belgium, Netherlands, UK and Ireland so far this November, due to the inflow of warm air from North Africa and the Azores. It has also been rather wet and windy lately because of the remnant of hurricanes arriving from across the Atlantic (Abigail hitting Scotland today). While a short period of cold snap is possible, the general consensus is for the mild spell to continue in the main for the next week or so.
Old Nov 13th, 2015, 12:19 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
" (Abigail hitting Scotland today). "

all very embarrassing, we Brits seem to be coming more childlike everyday. Now we want to name our windy periods. Since weather reporting in the UK has got more accurate it seems to makes for good marketing.

Aargh

Very wet this week in the UK, but still warm at 12C during the day.
Old Nov 13th, 2015, 12:22 AM

The weather this fall has been unseasonably mild. Mild means highs 10˚ to 15˚C with occasional rain. Humidity in Paris is always very high which is why scarves are popular. Fashion also plays a part in scarf wearing but its very practical fashion.

I would pack accordingly; keeping in mind that it´s probably better to carry coats you do not need than needing coats you do not have.
Old Nov 13th, 2015, 03:30 AM

Great weather in Paris on Monday Tuesday. Great weather in Munich yesterday and great weather in Bruxelles.
But highly unusual in all these places. We are a good 5-6 c above normal temps.
Old Nov 13th, 2015, 04:13 AM

<i><font color=#555555>"There is a forum for every country, Mimar. That's why there is a selector at the top of the page."</font></i>

There is NO FORUM for every country. The "View by Country" Button is not a Forum selector.

The "Forum" selector button can be found to the right of "Post New Topic" at the top of the page, and the list of Forums is there.

The button "View by Country" is a metadata search tool, which will separate posts within a Forum by their "Tagged" metadata, in this case "Country." Only the posts tagged with a specific country will appear, but there could be plenty of posts that mention facts about France that won't appear, because they're not tagged France.
Old Nov 13th, 2015, 04:29 AM

Keep on reading this thread, and you'll find plenty of heated responses to keep you warm...

I live here, too. If you're up around 6 AM, it's a little foggy, humid and around 11C - I wear a sweater and light jacket.
Around noon, it's around 16C, so I keep the light jacket and change to a lighter sweater.
At night, I go back to the morning get-up.
It can be windy and/or there might be brief showers during any moment of the day. Museums and department stores are generally overheated, other places are fine.
If you will be here for the next two weeks, the temperature is supposed to drop to around 6C at night and hover around 12C during the day. Expect chance of showers and probably some windy conditions.
The weather is most unusual this year...
Old Nov 13th, 2015, 06:15 AM

Rain is already in Brussels...
A good typical Belgian weather : wind, rain (big drops, not a light rain), and a sky sol low and so gray that it hanged itself.

We're really entering automn - wanna go to Carribeans.
Old Nov 13th, 2015, 03:32 PM
Original Poster

You are all so wonderful - appreciate your helpful info. However, it all seems so trivial now considering what has just happened. I'm so sick - just can't believe there are such hideous people in this world. I hope I still get to come to my favourite city in the world - have to see if my flight has been cancelled or not.
Old Nov 13th, 2015, 07:23 PM

I am sure the flight will go but still, your heart will be heavy, and plenty of places you will want to see will be closed.
Old Nov 14th, 2015, 01:09 AM

I would not worry about packing your Kevlar vest...

Things here are quiet, and you might not get to do everything you had planned. Might start looking for other things to do besides the usual tourist attractions, at least for the next few days. You might be spending more time just walking around - make sure you are wearing shoes meant for that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -