FOR THOSE IN HARM'S WAY

Oct 7th, 2001, 12:51 PM
mimi taylor

FOR THOSE IN HARM'S WAY

The Theodore RooseveltAssoc. is promoting a pen-pal camaignto send letters and e-mail messages to servicemenaboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt. They know these young people are going into harm's way, and the least we can do is ensure they get mail from home
mailto:Any Sailor, USS Theodore Roosevelt(CVN 71) FPO AE 095992871
e-mail: [email protected]

Oct 7th, 2001, 01:28 PM
Jerald

What a wonderful message. I have 2 Grandsons in the Navy, one is on the USS Harry S. Truman CVN 75, They need our support & prayers!

Oct 7th, 2001, 01:33 PM
Judy

Hi Mimi, my son in law is on the USS Mt. Whitney.
I will send my prayers to the Roosevelt. Thanks for the info.
Judy

Oct 7th, 2001, 01:58 PM
Lulu

Thanhs Mimi, I,ll do it right now. It really is the least one can do.

Oct 7th, 2001, 03:54 PM
Win

This is the only useful posting tonight. I,m with you.

Oct 7th, 2001, 09:00 PM
good

Now let's have some more support. These guys need a booster, I know I do and I am not the one there.

Oct 7th, 2001, 09:04 PM
xx

Give it up good-these people are into their own trips, clothes, bios etc.

Oct 7th, 2001, 11:22 PM
francis

What has this to do with european travel? I hope everyone here knows that Afghanistan is not in Europe.
If the editing policy of Fodors is fair, this thread should be deleted. Let's see.

Oct 7th, 2001, 11:31 PM
Celeste

Thanks to Mimi Taylor for the great info. It is certainly appreciated.

Oct 8th, 2001, 07:08 AM
perpleexed

Why francis, you pizzle , Fodors would need to erase most of the threads mentioning this sad situation, happening to our country, why didn't you voice this on other postings. You would deny our sons, brother, lovers the support they so badly need, putting their lives on hold and at great risk for us including undeserving you.

Oct 8th, 2001, 07:47 AM
Gloria

Hi, Mimi,
Thank you for the address. I will be sure to send a couple of notes and and pass the address along.
Jerald and Judy,
I can't imagine how you feel right now. How thankful I am that there are young men and women who are willing to sacrifice so much for us.
As a mom of two wonderful boys, 17 and 18, who truly are the light of my life, it is almost unbearable to think of them in this conflict. My beautiful son, when we were talking about this several weeks ago, said, "But, Mom, someone has to do it, and I would". How strong was my pride and how sorrow filled was my heart at that moment.
So, my prayers shall include your loved ones. I wish them the very best. Take very good care.
Gloria

Oct 8th, 2001, 08:05 AM
P.O'd

Hey Francis or xxx whatever you call yourself like your other monikers. Thanks for the geography lesson. If this esculates more and more there will be no europian travelling, it's all connected. Are you also A. traveller on the other posting?

Oct 14th, 2001, 12:17 PM
ttt

TO THE TOP===SUPPORT THESE GUYS WITH A KIND NOTE!!!

Oct 14th, 2001, 01:05 PM
xxx

I did send a note and thought a very nice letter the very day this post came out.
I have yet to hear anything back from anyone, as I addressed it to all, bakers, pilots, cleaners, electricians, etc.

Oct 14th, 2001, 01:35 PM
mimi taylor

Thank you ttt for bringing this post back. I was so let down when I last checked that there were only a few responses. And to the insesitive poster who complained that this is not about travel, think again.

Oct 14th, 2001, 03:41 PM
xxx

By the way, folks, they aren't all guys! There are women out there too. Over 15% of the military are women now, and they can use your support too.

Oct 14th, 2001, 03:44 PM
Sheila

An excellent suggestion. My son finished a 4 year stint aboard the USS Lake Erie in June, and I can tell you that real mail is greatly appreciated. I wouldn't count on getting a reply, though -- they keep those sailors pretty busy and their computer time is limited.

Oct 14th, 2001, 07:26 PM
topper

for the cause