Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

For pickpockets and purse snatchers everywhere.

Aug 19th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Original Poster

Copied from the news website ananova, dated Wednesday.
Robbers snatch dog poo

A Chinese woman has told how robbers snatched a parcel of dog poo wrapped in newspaper out of her hand outside a bank.

Mrs Chen, of Laohekou city, was waiting in the bank to withdraw money when nature suddenly called for her dog.

"While I was waiting in the queue, my dog had to poo. So I asked for several pieces of newspaper to wrap the poo," she said.

After wrapping it, Chen left the bank, and was waiting to cross the street to throw the parcel into a rubbish bin when the robber struck.

"A motorcycle stopped swiftly before me, the man on the rear seat seized the package from me, and they sped away," she said.

Police are investigating the case while "laughing at the stupidity of the robbers", according to Chutian City Papers.
Aug 19th, 2007, 07:42 PM

Given my recent unfortunate experience of having my camera snatched out of my hand by a kid on a bike, I am howling at this one!
Aug 19th, 2007, 08:29 PM

That is hilarious!

I read a story years ago about a lady who was driving out of her driveway and saw a dead cat in the street in front of her house. She was in a hurry, but wanted to give the cat a proper burial, so she scooped him up into a bag and placed it in the trunk of her car. She parked her car and came back an hour later. Her car had been broken into, and the only thing in the car was the cat in the bag, in the trunk! Some surprise for those thiefs, too!
Aug 19th, 2007, 08:32 PM

The thieves got what they deserved.
Aug 19th, 2007, 11:03 PM

Our car was broken into last year and the thieves made off with my husband's sports bag, inside which was his stinky old swimming kit which he'd forgotten to take out and hang up to dry!
We laughed when we realised that's all they'd taken.
Aug 20th, 2007, 03:48 AM

A couple of years ago, a pickpocket on the Christmas market in Karlsruhe spotted another woman whom she considered a rival. She told her in Polish to get away immediately because this was 'her' territory.

Unfortunately the 'rival' was a plain-clothes policewoman who spoke fluent Polish and had a pair of handcuffs ready...