For fanatical fitness freak in 6th

Old May 13th, 2002, 04:45 AM
danna

For fanatical fitness freak in 6th

Please help me keep my stupid husband from ruining my trip. He wants to work out every day on a stationary bike. (his knees don't let him run, and I fear for his life on a rental bike on Paris streets) <BR><BR> We are staying at the Hotel d'Aubbuson, which I do not beleive has a fitness roon. Does anyone know of some kind of health club nearby? I was planning to go to the Club Quartier Latin one morning, but I don't have time to drag him down there every a.m., he speaks no French. Ideas? Thanks for your patience with such a stupid question.

Old May 13th, 2002, 05:04 AM
kate

Hi danna,<BR>if only your husband knew how tired he is going to be at the end of a day of walkingall over Paris,as if he will need to work out!<BR>But here are a couple of places he might try:<BR>The Ritz Club at the Ritz Hotel-you can pay by the day.<BR>The Gymnase Club on rue Vandrezanne,they have other locations also.<BR>The Aqua-boulevard on rue Louis-Armand has an enormous well equipped gym.<BR>I imagine that while he is sweating away on the bike - you will be shopping?<BR>Kate<BR>

Old May 13th, 2002, 05:11 AM
VIC

I'm not sure if this will be of help but have you thought of a personal fitness trainer, the hotel might have one or might recommend someone for you. They normally do come to your hotel room (depending on the size) to give you training. Most of the clubs, such as Gymnase club in the Montparnasse area or Chatelet(Espace vit'halles) do speak English, you take him there once he finds his way the next time. What do you think?

Old May 13th, 2002, 05:21 AM
Vincent

There is a Gymnase Club on rue de Rennes, opposite Fnac and H&M (ex-Tati). It'll cost him money ! Check everything on gymnaseclub.fr

Old May 22nd, 2002, 06:17 PM
jeanne

Is there by any chance a gym at the Sorbornne which the public can use? Forgive me if that's a silly question....I'm new at this.