Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   For Families: Excellent Deal at Brown's (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/for-families-excellent-deal-at-browns-349255/)

Weadles Aug 18th, 2003 03:51 PM

For Families: Excellent Deal at Brown's

Just wanted to let everybody know that Brown's offers a family room which consists of two connecting rooms, one with king bed, one with twins, two bathrooms for just over $520/per night. I booked this for our recent July trip ( booked in January) and was really thrilled with the hotel, location, and price. I wanted to make sure that other families who have the ability to book well ahead, can make use of this info.

dln Aug 18th, 2003 04:23 PM

Weadles, where is Brown's?

BrimhamRocks Aug 18th, 2003 04:42 PM

What country/city is Brown's in? And is Brown's a hotel? B&B?

More information would be helpful.

jody Aug 18th, 2003 04:47 PM

Brown's is a famous London hotel...

BrimhamRocks Aug 18th, 2003 04:48 PM

I see now that it's a hotel. Sorry. But a location sure would help a lot.

BrimhamRocks Aug 18th, 2003 04:52 PM

London! OK, cool, thanks.

Weadles Aug 18th, 2003 06:03 PM

Sorry for not including "LONDON" in the heading! Anyway, I was lucky enough to hear about this deal way in advance through friends, and it was quite a good price for a 5-star hotel. One word to the wise: If you do go there, skip breakfast. It is ridiculously priced and horrible food, but everything else about the hotel was great.

Intrepid Aug 18th, 2003 11:23 PM

Just as a help..when you get there be sure to pronounce it "Brine's"...I hope you'll post a trip report especially in terms of how large the rooms are and if they've become worn around the edges at all. Thanks very much.

Weadles Aug 19th, 2003 06:01 AM

Intrepid,

"Brines" it is... Anyway, we arrived at Brown's for a week's stay in late July. The bedrooms were standard size hotel rooms, one with king bed, the other with two twins. Neither room had a view from the window, ( in fact we overlooked a tiny courtyard) but the beds were amazingly comfortable, almost as good as the heavenly beds at Westin Hotels here in the U.S. And, we had two nice-size bathrooms with every amenity, from plush bathrobes to Aveda hair and bath products. Add to this excellent air conditioning with individual controls, and you can understand why we were so delighted-- especially after arriving from boiling hot Rome!

The hotel makes you feel as though you're staying at the home of a wealthy relative. It's not the epitome of posh, but watch out for the ultra-stuffy dining room complete with horrible English food, and prices that might make you wish you'd bought decent jewelry instead.

There's an excellent workout room with treadmill, free weights, and elliptical trainer, etc. And the staff is great at meeting every request with courtesty and speed.

If you go, make sure to try the out of this world tea. It almost made me forget how much breakfast cost!