Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   For all those who have fallen in love with Lush in Europe- location in NYC (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/for-all-those-who-have-fallen-in-love-with-lush-in-europe-location-in-nyc-402285/)

Bnice Feb 22nd, 2004 04:03 PM

For all those who have fallen in love with Lush in Europe- location in NYC

I know there are several locations in the US, but just to alert you that one is opening in New York City in Herald Square tomorrow!!!!

claire Feb 22nd, 2004 05:43 PM

Thanks for the heads up! Now, I can buy all the Tisty Tosty bath bombs I can hand carry home via the airlines; no more overseas shipping charges! :)

ThinGorjus Feb 22nd, 2004 05:57 PM

Frankly, darling, I don't like Lush. I find it cheap and common. Who wants to walk around smelling like a blueberry popsicle???? I doubt you would ever see the likes of Jackie Onassis rushing into Lush, asking an employee to "cut" her a wedge of soap like she was at the bloody grocery. Thank god for Farmacia Santa Maria Novella and Annick Goutal.

BATUFFOLINA Feb 22nd, 2004 06:18 PM

I agree, I doubt that the likes of Jakie Onassis will ever go to get Lush products, but for the rest of the world, those at the bottom of the hierarchic pyramid, like us, Lush is a particular shop where to find natural and particular products. There is not only Blueberry though, there are milk, oatmeal, honey, lemon soaps, other than the more lushious chocolate soap bars or kiwi scented soaps. I personally love Lush, and here in the forum there are many many Lush lovers.

Scarlett Feb 22nd, 2004 06:41 PM

I like Lush fizzy bath balls, Ballistics? But John is right in that some of those things have a terribly cheap sweet smell. I think the citrus things are a little easier to take.
Lately I have been loving my L'Occitane Honey products, great scent!
and anything from Provence that is scented with Green Tea~ I got lucky in Montreal last summer and found bath mousse in Green tea, lovely~

tinarose Feb 22nd, 2004 08:03 PM

thingorjus, get over yourself. Lush offers some great products that are nice to use and are used be some actual thin gorgeous celebrities. I bet that Jackie O would find something that she wanted for herself or a gift. For a lot of us the lush products are quite lovely.

angelamour44 Feb 22nd, 2004 08:34 PM

I happen to be a lush lover myself. i currently live in the states and indulge in this weakness of mine often, but in 6 months I'll be moving to Europe. anyone know if there's a lush shop in or close to Rome Italy?? The only Lush shop i know of in Europe is in England, so I'm not sure if there's one in Italy or not! Thanks!

yk Feb 22nd, 2004 08:52 PM

angela-
Yes, there is a Lush in Rome:
via dei Baullari 112

You can find out if there's a Lush in your European city on their website:
http://www2.lush.com/cgi-bin/lushdb

BATUFFOLINA Feb 22nd, 2004 09:01 PM

There is a Lush store also in Venice, this is where I discovered it. It is on Strada Nuova, I don't remember the number but it is in front of Bottega Verde (another good place for pampering products).

4totravel Feb 23rd, 2004 04:03 AM

Now in Boston too - on Newbury Street.

ThinGorjus Feb 23rd, 2004 06:03 AM

Sorry, girls, but chocolate soap?? So you really want to smell like a Snickers bar????? What next--tuna deodorant?? Life may be a banquet, but I don't want to reek of a buffet table. Et alors!!

What do you think, Mimi??????

Scarlett Feb 23rd, 2004 06:52 AM

Mimi might be off line for a short time, we are missing her and waiting to hear from her.
If I smell chocolate, I want to eat it, so soap that smells like chocolate would just be torture for me.
Mimi likes Lavender, I believe :)

cigalechanta Mar 1st, 2004 03:32 PM

I really do not like Lush, they smell just like Express's products and they are not natural. I do like Cote Bastide's line and try to buy what I can in Lourmarin, the main boutique.
L'Occitaine, St,
M. Novella, Goutal, Pacifique Sud, and Aromantique(I forget the full name) are other favorites but my high note in my fragrance, that I prefer are amber # 1 and mimosa and lily of the valley.
My favorite main stream fragrance has been discontinued long ago by Guerlain.
It was called "Ode". Lavender I love Fresh and use the essence for my wash, and other cleaning chores.

ThinGorjus Mar 1st, 2004 04:49 PM

Thank Gucci you are back, Mimi. I've had to hold the barbarians at the gate all by myself!! (I sprayed them with Aqua di Parma, although garlic would have been a better choice.)

I saw an advertisement recently for tomato soap, obviously from the naff Bath & Body Works. I couldn't imagine smelling like an old can of Campbell's. Surely, hair redolent of bacon-and-fried-egg-sarnie shampoo can't be too far along.

I also love lavender and use a lavender-scented linen spray on my clothing.

When I think of Lush, I don't think of beauty products, but many of my friends in the gutter (dressed in Brioni of course) after all-night-drinking binges.

I'm knackered. Cheers.

wealthy_backpacker Mar 2nd, 2004 06:03 AM

ThinGorjus

god should be God

come along now - practice what you preach...!

grandmere Mar 2nd, 2004 06:40 AM

Count me as another who was not impressed with Lush, what with all the hype, for same reasons as above.

m_kingdom Mar 2nd, 2004 07:34 AM

I am another one who detests this cheap, and oh so artificial smelling line of cosmetics.

Jo Malone, Molton Brown, and Floris offer far higher quality products.

Rosemary1 Mar 2nd, 2004 07:35 AM

I personally fell in love with the place in Vancouver, BC last fall. I order often from their website. I'm not really into all the fruity, sickly sweet smells myself but have become completely addicted to the "Big Blue" bath bombs and citrusy bath/hair gels. I start to get "jonesy" if I'm down to only one or two in the lue...
I'm landlocked and I love the ocean smell, the vivid blue color of the water and the seaweed floaties that make your skin feel like silk! I really didn't think I'd like the store much but hey, sometimes you've just got to keep an open mind and "nose".

Happy Bathing!

I know I could look, but does anyone know offhand if there's one in London, going there this summer? Thanks!

elle Mar 2nd, 2004 07:35 AM

A total aside--

During our house hunting escapade earlier this year, we visited one house that smelled divine. The scent seemed to be emanating from a particular candle. I looked at the label, which read "Tomato Vine". Can't remember who manufactured it, but what a surprisingly wonderful smell (although I can't remember any vine in nature smelling that way). . .

Ziana Mar 2nd, 2004 07:46 AM

'cuse me, what are you using soap bars for? It leaves that stuff on the walls...