for all the euro questioners

Apr 19th, 2002, 11:00 PM
christina

for all the euro questioners

buongiorno

if you are still confused with the euro, visit this link and you will find ALL the correct information about europe and euro:

http://europa.eu.int/euro/html/home5.html?lang=5

cari saluti

christina

Apr 20th, 2002, 03:21 AM
Sherry

Hi Christina. I was curious, did you find the transition to the Euro confusing. For your own use. Thanks.
We are going to Italy soon and I am actually looking forward to not dividing by two and dropping the zeros.

Apr 20th, 2002, 06:00 AM
christina

ciao sherry

no, i didn't had a problem with the lire/euro change. frankly i was happy to have the euro and with this, my "old" system of numbers back. i grew up in switzerland and it was sometimes confusing for me as well with all the zeros here.

have a nice day!

tanti saluti

christina

Apr 20th, 2002, 11:12 AM
elina

Hi, Sherry! The transition was surprisingly easy, even for older people. I changed from Finnish markka to euro, and when I last month travelled in Spain and Portugal, I found it so great when I could just use the same money I use at home. On the last day there I found I needed more cash, so I found myself thinking: "Now how much do I need for one day? How much should I get from the ATM?" Until it came to me that it really doesn´t matter, I don´t have to exchange anything at home.

Apr 22nd, 2002, 11:41 AM
ttt

topping

Apr 22nd, 2002, 11:56 AM
Bill

Ok, silly question but I don't know the answer -

Dollars = Euro's
Cents = ?

I really don't know what the answer is - could someone tell me what the equivalent is in Euros to Cents?

Thanks!

Apr 22nd, 2002, 11:58 AM
Bill

Never mind - I went to the Euro link above and found my own answer -

Cents = Cents

Apr 22nd, 2002, 11:59 AM
SantaChiara

What's really fun is that each country has its own design or designs on one side of the coins. The one euro coins are especially fun. I admired, of course, Italy's choice, Michelangelo's design of man, but Ireland has a beautiful harp. I was at dinner with people from France, England and Sweden, and apparently it's a big deal now among their children to collect one from every country.

By the way, some news source did a survey, and Italy's coinage design was ranked No. 1. I like it, but I sure like that Irish harp, too.

I have been amazed at how quickly people have adopted. I am the one, the Americana, who fumbles, because there is more coinage than I am used to in the U.S. and the one cent pieces are so tiny. It's funny to see something that used to cost 10,000 lire now costs (don't hold me to this) 4.93 euro. I think it's great but a friend of mine misses the cabbage-roll feel of the lire, when your wallet was stuffed with bills, you felt rich and everything seemed make-believe.