I have been trying to research how to get from Paris (ideally Gare du Lyon) to Fontainebleau. We will be visiting on Sunday August 7th (free admission and what have you), but i can't seem to find a current copy of the train schedule. The only schedule that i dug up was valid in 2012-2013: http://parisbytrain.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/train_schedule_gare-de-lyon_fontainebleau_weekends_holidays.pdf.
Is this itinerary still valid? I have also looked online through TrainLine Europe to see if we could book our train tickets in advance, but for some reason it's impossible to book in advance for this route.
Is there any other way of getting from central Paris to the chateaux? Shuttles, bus services etc. We aren't too confident with the French transport system so a direct journey would be the easiest for us.
Any help would be much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 2 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 3 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 4 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 5 Again, onboard robbery attempts on trains leaving Milano Centrale station
- 6 UK's Cornrwall Polzeath spring base
- 7 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 8 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 9 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 10 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 11 Where to get Quality Medical Mari-Jane
- 12 1st time to Europe
- 13 My trip to Prague
- 14 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 15 Which Aran Island??
- 16 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 17 Santa Maria Novella products??
- 18 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 19 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 20 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 21 New Years in France
- 22 Mifi rentals for Portugal
- 23 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 24 Rome Hotel
- 25 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions