Reload this Page >

Follow-up on whether to contact "friends" met while travelling

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 03:18 AM
Travelgirl

Several months ago I posted a question asking for advice on whether to contact a man in Europe that I spent a romantic weekend with. I can't find my old post, maybe it was removed, but since I've just returned, I thought I'd follow up...<BR>I decided to call him to &quot;just say hello.&quot; Got his answering machine, which was a good thing because it put the ball in his court. He called me back, really happy to hear from me, and we got together. He had remembered everything about me and our time together, and even had my pic in his wallet! He had assumed, incorrectly, that I wasn't interested and had a life in the US that could never include him. Now, we're planning for him to visit me here! Hope this inspires someone else : )

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 03:46 PM
Terry

I am so happy for you! Congratulations!

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 04:02 PM
Jim Rosenberg

Just love those happy endings. ;-)

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 04:05 PM
Renee

How very sweet! Goes to show you that sometimes, it pays to take a chance.<BR><BR>Good luck to both of you Travelgirl.<BR><BR><BR>Hi Jim!

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 04:54 PM
Jim Rosenberg

Renee! What a pleasant surprise. YGM!

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 04:57 PM
xxx

Isn't this the guy that Travelgirl shacked up with? A guy will say anything a girl wants to hear if that's what it takes to get laid. You got to do it twice, good for you.<BR><BR>Long distance romances across a pond are not meant to last, well, at least not more than 8 minutes.

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 04:57 PM
Just

How charming!

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 05:13 PM
Danna

Travelgirl, I remember that post, thanks for the update. It's nice to hear &quot;the rest of the story.&quot;

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 07:46 PM
Joanne

Some of you are confusing 'travelgirl' with 'janeygirl'. 'Janeygirl' was the woman who stayed with a man in Paris this summer and wrote about her trip in installments.

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 08:33 PM
Travelgirl

To the cynic or two,<BR>Believe me, I don't have visions of Tiffany and china patterns in my head. I'm aware of the cultural differences, lifestyles, etc. We are simply two adults who really enjoy eachother's company and are attracted to one another. Enough to want to continue, wherever it may lead. Ain't nothin' wrong with that. My life is all the richer for having met him, and for having contacted him again!

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 08:34 PM
Travelgirl

And to the rest of you,<BR>Thanks for your support : )

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 10:00 PM
rj

I love that he had your photo in his wallet.... how wonderfully sweet. Thanks for sharing that!

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 10:11 PM
Nancy

I remember reading your post, thanks for letting us know what happened. I am glad that it turned out to be a nice relationship and hope that you have fun when he visits you, what part of the country are you from?

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 02:49 AM
Travelgirl

Well, he had lots of other stuff in his wallet too (I don't want to know! LOL). He had to dig thru quite a while before he produced the photo to prove he's been carrying it around all this time!<BR><BR>I'm from the east coast. Other than that, must remain anon for this : )