Foire du Trône in Paris

Search

Foire du Trône in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Foire du Trône in Paris

We will be arriving in Paris on Thursday AM May 14th. I understand that Foire du Trône will be going on during our stay. I have viewed many websites but I am still confused. Can anyone tell me if there is an entrance cost ? or just cost for rides. If there is an entrance cost, do I need to purchase the tickets early ? Is it worth the trip to go to the fair ? It appears the hours are : Mon-Thurs 1400-0000; Fri-Sat 1400-0100; Sun 1200-0100., so it does not open until 2 PM ?
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 09:46 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
The only cost is for rides. A sunny Saturday or Sunday afternoon are the best times to go for the ....errr.... special ambience. Just about anyone who has ever been there is AMAZED (either in a good way or a bad way). And some of the rides are so extreme that one often regrets being tempted by them (there are plenty of things for the kids, but some of these rides are not meant for everybody, although they have technically been approved in the various EU countries where these things roam).
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Original Poster

kerouac - Can you purchase ride tickets should I decide to be extereme ? I think we will go on Saturday or Sunday , it might be fun .. - any recommendations on do/don't at the fair .
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 12:31 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Yes, each ride has a ticket office. You just walk up to whatever looks interesting.

If you do nothing else, you should at least go up one of the giant Ferris wheels -- there are usually 3 of them.

My own favorite activity is to watch the bungee jump people, since it is something that I will never ever do. I have noticed that the women hesitate much less than the men. Go figure.
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 12:48 PM

Of course you can buy tickets to the rides, how else could it operate. YOu can get a deal if you buy the "pass" which is a package of tickets and deals, but you have to get that in advance at FNAC or some place (Virgin Megastore probably has it, also). Otherwise, individual tickets start at around 2 euro for the simpler rides but go up to 8 euro or so, and there are games that are cheaper where you can use 20 centime coins or something like that.