Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Fodor's Survey (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/fodors-survey-1139249/)

mkataoka Oct 28th, 2016 01:45 PM

Fodor's Survey

Hello everyone,

You may have seen this post in some of the other threads, but the Fodor's team needs your help and would like to hear what you think! We are looking for ways to better our guidebooks so if you could please spare a few minutes to take this quick online survey, we would greatly appreciate it. To those who may be skeptical, this is not spam nor a link to a virus. This is an official survey created by the folks at Fodor's.

You can find the survey here: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/3067951/bbad0a438bff

The survey should take about 3-5 minutes to complete. Thank you in advance for all of your help!

Sincerely,
The Fodor's Team

colduphere Oct 28th, 2016 02:06 PM

Done with pleasure.

(In very small font just for the team, putting "Thank you for participating in our Guidebook Survey! It will take about 3-5 minutes to complete.") on the final page seems a bit odd.)

kja Oct 28th, 2016 02:09 PM

I completed the survey earlier, but must admit that I found it confusing -- it wasn't always clear when you were asking about guidebooks in general, or Fodor's guidebooks in particular, or when you were asking about guidebooks one uses for planning, versus guidebooks for carrying while traveling. You might want to interpret your results with caution!

mkataoka Oct 28th, 2016 02:11 PM

Thank you for the help and tip colduphere!

mkataoka Oct 28th, 2016 02:14 PM

Thank you for the feedback kja. I'll be sure to let the team know.

isabel Oct 28th, 2016 02:22 PM

I filled it out but you would get much better feedback if you allowed for more individual input. I know that type of date is much harder to look at but there were numerous questions where none of your possible replies were really what I wanted to say.

Dukey1 Oct 28th, 2016 02:35 PM

Why did the "Fodor's Team" ignore the Lounge with this request?

mkataoka Oct 28th, 2016 02:38 PM

Hey Dukey1, since we couldn't post on all the forums at once, I'm making my way to each forum one by one. Thanks for the concern though!

and isabel, great point you make there. Again, I'll be sure to bring this up to the team. Thank you for your feedback.

Macross Oct 28th, 2016 03:02 PM

Dukey1 on Oct 28, 16 at 6:35pm
Why did the "Fodor's Team" ignore the Lounge with this request?

Really? SMH.

I did the survey but to be truthful I have not bought a guide book in years.

mkataoka Oct 28th, 2016 03:05 PM

Macross that's perfectly okay! We appreciate any and all participation :)

colduphere Oct 28th, 2016 03:12 PM

Dukey don't forget your Fodors Canada guide on your trip. It lists both good restaurants.

Macross Oct 28th, 2016 04:15 PM

Thank you mkataoka. I just pack super light.

ellenem Oct 28th, 2016 04:30 PM

This does not look like a regular request from Fodor's. Their requests come from registered editors.

mrwunrfl Oct 28th, 2016 04:32 PM

I have my doubts about these survey threads. When fodors wants our attention they don't do it like this, do they? Don't they make the thread stay at the top?

WoinParis Oct 29th, 2016 12:11 AM

I took the survey some time ago and have the same input.
Confusing at times not allowing feedback. I don't know what you'll do with my results.
Don't bother with the lounge us lesser mortals have no access to it.
It looks like a VIP club doomed to become a geriatric one.

hetismij2 Oct 29th, 2016 01:27 AM

Don't bother with the lounge us lesser mortals have no access to it.
It looks like a VIP club doomed to become a geriatric one.

That's Fodor's general idea yes. Not a VIP club though, just one that members from before a certain date can still access, but which Fodor's would rather be shot of altogether sadly.
Besides the interminable political postings it is actually quite lively and the best place for off topc posts. A pity it isn't reopened, but I do understand the thinking behind closing it.

I never use guidebooks,and probably miss out on interesting stuff as a result, so I shan't be completing the survey.

WoinParis Oct 29th, 2016 02:29 AM

Was wondering if Fodors is translated into French and if it sells.
We always 2 books when we go on holiday but don't recall seeing Fodors on the shelves.

hetismij2 Oct 29th, 2016 02:53 AM

I've never seen their guides in anything but English. Michelin do translate their guides from French into other languages, including some into Dutch, - maybe Fodors is missing a trick there.

mr_go Oct 29th, 2016 05:11 AM

ttt

Macross Oct 29th, 2016 06:13 AM

We rent apartments and there are usually guide books left behind. The one in Dublin this last trip had them in several languages. I know renters leave them behind for others to read.