fodor's meet in bern - switzerland?

May 25th, 2002, 06:07 AM
christina

fodor's meet in bern - switzerland?

hi there!

i will be in bern for several weeks and just wonder if someone of you would like to do a fodor's meeting in bern in june, july or august? let me know and send me an e-mail.

tanti saluti

christina

Jun 14th, 2002, 12:05 PM
christina

ciao a tutti!

i'm in bern now since 3 weeks, we do have now warm weather (today 30° C) and no rain. but i'm sure it will change again. i just tested the restaurant "metzgerstübli" very good food, very cosy and quite reasonable for what you get. it's located in the münstergasse.

if there is someone out there of you fodors, sitting nearby here and want to meet for a coffe, let me know. i'm here till end of august.

ciaoo!

christina

a big ciao for all fodors going to florence, italy. i miss it.....

Jun 14th, 2002, 12:12 PM
Ursula

Ciao Christina:
Good to hear from you.
Will be in Berne next week, but for meetings and don't think I'll have only a minute to spare. Mi dispiace molto.
Ciao Ursula

PS1: Have you been to the "Kornhauskeller" since its renovation? Curious what it is like and then, some people still recommend it for typical Swiss atmosphere and food. As far as I know it's a trendy restaurant/lounge/bar now.

PS2: It's hot in Zurich as well, some 85F (around 30C) I'd say.
Weekend on the beach!

PS3: I miss Firenze as well!!

Jun 16th, 2002, 12:23 PM
christina

ciao ursula!

yeah! today i made a short trip to st.croix above lake neuenburg and yverdon. it was very nice and i had the chianti curvy feeling again. i have been at kornhauskeller last december and it's real nice and quite good food as well. bern has changed a lot but it's fun to be here after all these years for several month. swiss are still a scatola....... but i will survive it.

hei! wish you good meeting in bern!

a presto!

christina

Jun 16th, 2002, 07:06 PM
Yvedon

Ma che scatola!?!?!? certo siamo diversi da voi, Italiani... ma non chiamarco scatole!

Jun 16th, 2002, 08:09 PM
Shannon

Christina,
There used to be a restaurant very close to the Bellvue Hotel where they had great fondue on the second floor. Is that place still there? I know this isn't much of a description, but it was very popular with the locals in the '70's.

Say hi to the bears for me!

Jun 17th, 2002, 07:58 AM
christina

ciao yverdon!

i am swiss, but i don't feel like one and now i live near firenze, italia. and important: the vaudois people are very different, like ticinesi, even they are quite different. but it's green here and clean and some changes are good.

@ shannon:

i don't know where this could be. maybe restaurant "glocke"? this is some walking minutes away and closer to the theater.... i think there you can still eat some fondue. but now it's too hot for me to eat melted cheese. the last time in december i had too much raclette and had to throw up quite a while *argh* so i guess i will wait till the end of this year to eat fondue or raclette.

i would like to visit the "tramdepot" where they brew beer and that's beside the bärengraben. i will greet this fellows from you!

ciao!

christina