Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   fodor's meet in bern - switzerland? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/fodors-meet-in-bern-switzerland-224841/)

christina May 25th, 2002 06:07 AM

fodor's meet in bern - switzerland?

hi there!<BR><BR>i will be in bern for several weeks and just wonder if someone of you would like to do a fodor's meeting in bern in june, july or august? let me know and send me an e-mail.<BR><BR>tanti saluti<BR><BR>christina

christina Jun 14th, 2002 12:05 PM

ciao a tutti!<BR><BR>i'm in bern now since 3 weeks, we do have now warm weather (today 30° C) and no rain. but i'm sure it will change again. i just tested the restaurant "metzgerst&uuml;bli" very good food, very cosy and quite reasonable for what you get. it's located in the m&uuml;nstergasse.<BR><BR>if there is someone out there of you fodors, sitting nearby here and want to meet for a coffe, let me know. i'm here till end of august.<BR><BR>ciaoo!<BR><BR>christina<BR><BR>a big ciao for all fodors going to florence, italy. i miss it..... :-(<BR>

Ursula Jun 14th, 2002 12:12 PM

Ciao Christina:<BR>Good to hear from you.<BR>Will be in Berne next week, but for meetings and don't think I'll have only a minute to spare. Mi dispiace molto.<BR>Ciao Ursula<BR><BR>PS1: Have you been to the "Kornhauskeller" since its renovation? Curious what it is like and then, some people still recommend it for typical Swiss atmosphere and food. As far as I know it's a trendy restaurant/lounge/bar now.<BR><BR>PS2: It's hot in Zurich as well, some 85F (around 30C) I'd say. <BR>Weekend on the beach! :o)<BR><BR>PS3: I miss Firenze as well!!

christina Jun 16th, 2002 12:23 PM

ciao ursula!<BR><BR>yeah! today i made a short trip to st.croix above lake neuenburg and yverdon. it was very nice and i had the chianti curvy feeling again. i have been at kornhauskeller last december and it's real nice and quite good food as well. bern has changed a lot but it's fun to be here after all these years for several month. swiss are still a scatola....... but i will survive it.<BR><BR>hei! wish you good meeting in bern!<BR><BR>a presto!<BR><BR>christina

Yvedon Jun 16th, 2002 07:06 PM

Ma che scatola!?!?!? certo siamo diversi da voi, Italiani... ma non chiamarco scatole!

Shannon Jun 16th, 2002 08:09 PM

Christina,<BR>There used to be a restaurant very close to the Bellvue Hotel where they had great fondue on the second floor. Is that place still there? I know this isn't much of a description, but it was very popular with the locals in the '70's.<BR><BR>Say hi to the bears for me!

christina Jun 17th, 2002 07:58 AM

ciao yverdon!<BR><BR>i am swiss, but i don't feel like one and now i live near firenze, italia. and important: the vaudois people are very different, like ticinesi, even they are quite different. but it's green here and clean and some changes are good. <BR><BR>@ shannon:<BR><BR>i don't know where this could be. maybe restaurant "glocke"? this is some walking minutes away and closer to the theater.... i think there you can still eat some fondue. but now it's too hot for me to eat melted cheese. the last time in december i had too much raclette and had to throw up quite a while :-( *argh* so i guess i will wait till the end of this year to eat fondue or raclette.<BR><BR>i would like to visit the "tramdepot" where they brew beer and that's beside the b&auml;rengraben. i will greet this fellows from you!<BR><BR>ciao!<BR><BR>christina