Reload this Page >

Fodors GTGs and luncheons

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 07:48 PM
fodorite

What's the difference between a Fodors GTG (get-together) and a Fodors luncheon? On another thread someone said that the GTGs are open to all but the luncheons are for people who already know one another through private e-mails. However the GTGs are always or almost always luncheons, so I'm confused.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 07:56 PM
MaryC

(Groan!) I only meant that the luncheons were those little meetings between friends (two or three people) who'd gotten to know each other via weeks or months of e-mails. Something that is very casual ("Hey - I'm gonna be in Vegas next month - you want to go to lunch or meet for a drink?" -that sort of thing).

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 08:06 PM
Rex

Mary,<BR><BR>I don't think you answered me on the Vignamaggio thread earlier - - Fodorites GTG later this year? After July, perhaps?<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 08:15 PM
fodorite

I think John's question was about the Fodors GTG luncheons that everyone knows about becuase hey're announced here, not the private lunches between friends who happened to meet on Fodors.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 05:18 AM
bonnie

Anything going on in the Bethesda, MD area for lunch soon?

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 06:20 AM
Monica

Hi Bonnie, my next fodorite’s get together/luncheon will be in April in Bethesda (probably the 20th). I haven’t selected the restaurant yet, but if you are interested, let me know. Also, if interested, I can add you to my group list (up to about 25 or so of us, but have never had everyone together at one time). <BR><BR>If there are any others out there that live in the DC/MD/VA area, email me.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 06:24 AM
bonnie

Thank you Monica, please add me to your list and drop me an e-mail when the restaurant is chosen. Looking forward to meeting you.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 06:41 AM
Monica

Will do!

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 10:28 AM
Fodorite

Who else wants to join?

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 11:00 AM
Sharon

How about a Los Angeles GTG or luncheon this Spring? How about in the WLA/Santa Monica area in a little restaurant, like 17th street cafe?

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 12:50 PM
Rex

Alas, no interest in Ohio? Or too lacking a plan, too far into the future?<BR>

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 02:04 PM
ttt

to the top<BR>

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 09:32 PM
MaryC

Sorry, Rex - I suppose I didn't see it. But yes, a GTG in Ohio later this year would be GRAND!! Would you like to host it in Columbus? It's centrally located and you could have us meet at one of your favorite bar/restaurants there.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 09:50 PM
MaryC

Rex, where is that Vignamaggio thread? Can't locate it. Hmmmmmm...

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 09:56 PM
anonymous

What was it called? Must be less than 24 hours old. Seems like the indexing has been updated very recently.<BR>

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 10:03 PM
MaryC

Yeah, I noticed the indexing was updated but that particular thread isn't there. Or at least not the ones I was looking at.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 10:10 PM
anon

No recollection about its name? I know I have seen it. Was it a digression off of some other topic?<BR><BR>

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 10:16 PM
MaryC

I'm so tired at this point that I can't remember, but when I attempted a search using just Vignamaggio there seemed to be only 3 or 4 threads that had recent posts (within March). Couldn't locate. Unless I don't know what to look for. Oh well. (shrug of shoulders)

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 10:35 PM
Sue

Are there any plans for a get together any where near the Palm Desert area? <BR><BR>Sue

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 09:43 AM
ttt

Topping for Sue...