Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   fodors are off to... (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/fodors-are-off-to-566686/)

cigalechanta Oct 24th, 2005 03:41 PM

fodors are off to...

SFowler, Bailey, Ger are off to places , who else is leaving, I know I missed a few that I read a few days ago.
We wish all a bon voyage

cigalechanta Oct 24th, 2005 03:46 PM

lol, well, Excuze me! I mean fodorites :)

Marianna Oct 24th, 2005 03:48 PM

Hope they all have the most fabulous trips! Have lots of fun, laughs, and the most pleasurable of times at your destinations.

Thanks for letting us know, Mimi.

cigalechanta Oct 24th, 2005 03:53 PM

whomelse will we be missing?

Jocelyn_P Oct 24th, 2005 03:56 PM

Statia left for Venice yesterday. I received an email from her today saying that they arrived safely and were taking it easy after the 19 hour journey.

cigalechanta Oct 24th, 2005 04:13 PM

Bon Voyage, Statia I knew I was missing someone that I knew! Statia renewed her wedding vows in Venice now she's has another return. Heaven!

Scarlett Oct 24th, 2005 06:06 PM

Mimi goes to Paris in February !!!! :D

tuscanlifeedit Oct 24th, 2005 06:32 PM

I'm just a new kid on the board after a year or more, but we are going to Arizona in a few weeks. We leave on November 12. I am sooo not happy going somewhere other than Europe, but this is a gift to my husband for his 50th. For my 50th we went to Paris; if only he had wanted Paris for his birthday gift!

I am sure we will like Arizona. The only thing I dread is the Nascar race on November 13, but he is such a good husband that I can suffer through it. I am taking a book, as weird as that sounds. Went once before and thought I would die before the race was over.

Next Europe trip isn't until March 1.

cigalechanta Oct 24th, 2005 06:38 PM

Tuscan, happy birthday to you husband. You are a sweet wife. Arizona sounds cool to me.

massagediva Oct 24th, 2005 06:53 PM

I'm off to India(via Istanbul) Thursday for my big adventure!

annesherrod Oct 24th, 2005 07:14 PM

Happy travels to all!! I wish my loved one and I were visiting a mystic and romantic castle to savor every last drop of romanticism!!
I am physically stuck in the midwest, but my heart and soul are soaring in the beauty of scotland with the One I love!!!

OReilly Oct 27th, 2005 08:40 AM

Hi Mimi:

I am posting from the SAS lounge at Stockholm airport, on my way to London. I travel tomorrow mornign to Lisbon, pick up a car and hear off to Evora. I have done ZERO planning but HAVE printed off all the wonderful suggestions from kind FOdorites.

Next week, I meet Kavey and >Judy for dinner in London :) I will drink a toast to you.

Best wishes ... Ger

Kavey Oct 27th, 2005 09:18 AM

Jody (and her lovely DH) were in London recently and have moved on to Paris. CelticDreams was here too (for work) and has gone back home now.

As Ger says, Judy (starspinners) is here for her annual 3 weeks in London - we've met a couple of times already and looking forward to seeing Ger.

Carolyn and her non Fodorite daughter Lisa are currently in town and made the London GTG.

I'm off soon too...

MissZiegfeld Oct 27th, 2005 09:23 AM

going to Toronto next week, and London/Wales thanksgiving weekend..

Curt Oct 27th, 2005 09:25 AM

Tuscan
We too are going to Arizona the 12th Nov through 17th. We are at Phoenix/Scottsdale area. I also would rather be in Europe but we chose this area as my wife had not been there before and wanted to check it out. Should be fun. Staying at JW Marriott Desert Ridge and Caleo. How about you? What else you got planned?

Curt Oct 27th, 2005 09:28 AM

OH OH I did not know nascar was in Phoenix 13th of Nov. Hope that we can avoid that mess and not get trapped in traffic or crowded dining/drinking venues....is the track (please say yes) way way out in the suburbs?

tcreath Oct 27th, 2005 09:38 AM

I'm off to Paris next week and can't wait! My first time there, but surely not my last!

Tracy

MissZiegfeld Oct 27th, 2005 09:39 AM

actually, make that two trips to toronto in November! i forgot about that..the first time i'm going up to see Petula Clark in concert, the second time I'm seeing Connie Francis! can't wait.

lobo_mau Oct 27th, 2005 09:44 AM

Hi Ger, I hope you are bringing your umbrella and raincoat.

Mathieu Oct 27th, 2005 10:44 AM

An advance 'Welcome to Toronto', MissZeigfeld. Hope you get to see a bit of our beautiful Fall colours.