Reload this Page >

Fodorites on the Move! [Monica, the gang of 6 and more....]

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 1999, 01:38 PM
s.fowler

The picture of the "Cafe Les Deux Magots six" and a few more of Monica's WONDERFUL photos are at: <BR>http://it.uwp.edu/fowler/fodor.htm <BR> <BR>If anyone else wants a few photos posted just send them to me as .jpg files. I don't have unlimited room. But I certainly have enough to showcase a few! <BR>

Old May 25th, 1999, 06:00 PM
Judy

Hi Monica! Great photos! I bet you had a great time in France. I'll be going there in June. <BR> <BR>And how nice that s.fowler set you up with your photos. <BR> <BR>

Old May 26th, 1999, 07:10 AM
Monica

Yes, Judy, Sally was sweet to do this for me. Thanks Sally!

Old May 26th, 1999, 08:48 AM
Caryn

Beautiful pictures!! Sigh... I don't think I can afford a trip this summer. Those pictures really make me jealous.

Old May 26th, 1999, 09:06 AM
s.fowler

My offer still stands. Any fodorite who doesn't have web access and wants a few pictures of their travels posted to the web please just send me .jpg files as attachments via the above email. I teach webpage design and do some freelance work [NOT an ad!!!!!] so it's easy for me and I enjoy it. <BR>

Old May 26th, 1999, 06:34 PM
Monica

Thanks Caryn for your positive comments. I plan to have a few more photos added. Thanks Sally!

Old May 26th, 1999, 06:55 PM
Dayle

Monica and Sally, thanks for posting the pictures. It's fun to see you actually pulled it off. I think it would be fun to have other meetings of traveling Fodorites. I hope others will make the effort and share too!

Old May 27th, 1999, 07:26 AM
Monica

Dayle, I plan to make this a tradition with my travels! It was fun meeting them in person. I would love to meet others from this web site! I don't know where I'm going next year, but when I do decide, I'll let everyone here know! <BR> <BR>Caryn, just to let you know, I added up my trip and spent $3,730 for both my Mom and me! That included EVERYTHING except for my shopping ($380). Divide that in half and it's really not expensive for a 2 week trip!

Old May 29th, 1999, 11:41 AM
s.fowler

Just noticed it's the Fodor's EIGHT -- my bad. <BR> <BR>There are some additional photos up now. Go see Monica's "stunner" of the Eifeel Tower. Or her picture of Giverny WITH waterlilies. [We were there too early when we went in '95 alas ] <BR> <BR>URL: http://it.uwp.edu/fowler/fodor.htm <BR> <BR>And anyone without their own web access who wants a few pictures "out there" just follow the directions on the page. <BR>

Old May 29th, 1999, 11:50 AM
Bridget

Monica! <BR>Your pictures are beautiful, especially the one of the Eiffel tower and inside St. Chappelle. What kind of film and speed did you use to get those pics? I can't wait to go -- 3 more weeks -- I just hope that all of Paris doesn't go on strike before I get there!!! Thanks! <BR>Bridget =)

Old May 30th, 1999, 08:15 PM
Monica

Hello Bridget, <BR> <BR>I have an AE-1 Canon Camera (almost 9 years old!) and used 35mm/100 ASA Film. For most indoor photos, I kept the camera on automatic, set my own speed, but used my timer. Just before the 10 seconds were up, I kept the camera very still, holding my breath. I was quiet pleased with my pictures. S. Chapelle was one of my favorite places to take pictures. GO THERE!!! And I was happy with the outcome of my Eiffle tower (at dusk) photos. Any questions, I'll be more than happy to respond! <BR> <BR>PS: There is SO much to see in Paris, that even if there is still the museum strike, you will see plenty of Paris! WALK!!! <BR>

Old May 31st, 1999, 05:57 AM
Carol

Great photos! I love the one of the Eiffel Tower.

Old May 31st, 1999, 02:23 PM
lynn

Hi all - <BR> <BR>Monica, I also love your Eiffel Tower picture the best. I wish more people would post some of their trip pictures. I love looking at travel pictures. It would really be great to see some of everyone's favorites. <BR> <BR>If anyone is interested, I had posted a few back in January and they are still online. Please have a look. The Louvre shot at 2 am is really cool! <BR> <BR>address is (no "www" and type it with the caps as shown) <BR> <BR>riverside.quik.com/aarons/LYNN_PICS.html <BR> <BR>Hope you like them! <BR> <BR

Old Jun 1st, 1999, 04:06 AM
Monica

Hi Lynn, I remember looking at your photos and enjoyed them. Sally told me someone had sent her some photos to add, but they did not give their name. I wonder if it was from one in my group. I would like to see more photos from others from this web site! <BR> <BR>PS to everyone: Sally revised/upgraded a few of my photos! Enjoy! <BR> <BR>

Old Jun 1st, 1999, 08:50 AM
Teri

Monica and Sally thank you for the beautiful pictures. I will print them out and put them in my scrap book, because while I was in Paris my camera and a couple rolls of film were stolen. I too stayed on Rue Cler, love the market shot, it is perfect. I also am a webmaster, so if people are interested in having some of their vacation pictures posted of Europe, perhaps I can set up a page. Feel free to email me if you are interested.

Old Jun 1st, 1999, 08:55 AM
Teri

Monica, <BR> <BR>One more thing, your Eiffel tower picture is fantastic. As I stated before, my pictures and camera where stolen. Luckily I had my other camera with bxw film, but the overcast day, makes it look gloomy outside. If you would ever consider selling a copy of the photo (enlarged) let me know, because although it isn't my own shot, it is something. I have been trying to find a nice poster to frame of the tower.

Old Jun 1st, 1999, 03:02 PM
Monica

Hello Teri, <BR> <BR>I'd be happy to get you a copy of the Eiffel Tower. Email me directly and we can "talk!" <BR> <BR>

Old Jun 1st, 1999, 04:24 PM
s.fowler

Hi Teri! <BR>That's rotten about the camera. <BR>If you do end up doing a Fodor's website let's be sure the two are linked! <BR> <BR>I recieved some more Paris photos from Diane which will hopefully get posted tomorrow. <BR> <BR>I'd *love* some photos of Italy to balance "le francais" -- any homeless jpegs of Tuscany out there??

Old Jun 2nd, 1999, 06:04 AM
Teri

Thanks Monica, I just emailed you. And Sally, let me know when you are close to over your server space, and I can make a page to look like yours to continue this great idea. Or if I create one, I will make sure we are "linked" to each other.

Old Jun 2nd, 1999, 05:49 PM
Diane

Thanks for posting the pictures, Sally! My son promised to make me a web page, but....17 year olds are quick to volunteer and slow to follow through. I would love to see some Tuscany shots too! I think we're leaning toward Italy for our next Euro-adventure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -