Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Fodorites May 27 Meeting in Paris - Brett, is this still on?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2001, 01:25 PM
Meg

A while back Brett had asked if any Fodorites wanted to meet up in Paris in late May or early June. A meeting on was suggested for May 27 at the Brasserie de L'Ile St-Louis at 55 quai de Bourbon at 6 p.m. Is that still on? I haven't seen anything posted.

Old Apr 9th, 2001, 10:16 PM
sue

Meg, glad you posted this. I was about to do a search to bring that up to the top again, but the board is so active that things seem to sink quickly. Gene & I are still on for the 27th. Anyone else?

Old Apr 13th, 2001, 05:36 AM
Shanna

Hi guys. I'm still planning on being there. Bells, bows and all!

Old Apr 16th, 2001, 06:16 AM
Meg

Sue & Shanna, I am going to try and make it. I fly in that day so you never know what might happen with delays, etc. Hope to see you then!

Old Apr 18th, 2001, 01:44 AM
Topper

To the top. Have a good time!

Old Apr 18th, 2001, 10:24 AM
Sue

Whatever happened to swandav (who set place and time), lisa and brett? Are you out there? <BR> <BR>PS Swandav, saw your recommendation for Opus One in Munich--we'll try it!

Old Apr 18th, 2001, 10:56 AM
s

Sue, <BR>Unfortunately, my plans changed, so my trip changed to 16-20 May. I posted the changes at the bottom of the original post . . . I hope you guys still have fun! Sometimes in the next few weeks, I'll post to see if anyone wants to meet up during the earlier dates. <BR> <BR>Umm. I didn't post anything on Opus One. Perhaps there's another swandav?? <BR> <BR>s

Old Apr 18th, 2001, 11:44 AM
lisa

Yes, I'm still here and yes, I'm going to try to make it on the 27th -- looking forward to meeting everyone.

Old Apr 18th, 2001, 09:35 PM
Bobbi

Room for a couple more? My sister and I will try to make it. Sounds like a fun time. 29 days to Paris . . . . . !

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 07:22 AM
Sue

Swandav, sorry we are going to miss you. No, you didn't post on Opus One--it was Shanna. All these "s" names led to a senior moment, I guess.

Old May 4th, 2001, 12:47 PM
Shanna

Hello, all. I'm running this up the flagpole again since we're not too far away from departure (yippee!). I've tracked down the restaurant location and viewed it at www.pageszoom.com. I'm wondering still if we should make a reservation from here in advance, especially in light of the big events associated with this long, Ascension Day, weekend. I have a couple of web-sites from which reservations can be made, but I haven't yet checked to see if this particular restaurant can be accessed. And I'd like to be certain it's open on Sunday since so many are not. I'll finish up my research and get back to you all early next week. If we decide to reserve in advance, I'll need a firm-ish number. Let me have your thoughts. Thanks - good grief, I'm so excited I'm just a wreck! How will I continue doing this BORING job for the next two weeks?!!! I'm going home now to "draft pack" one more time.

Old May 4th, 2001, 01:39 PM
Meg

Shanna, you and I must have been thinking alike. I was just searching for the post to top it. The restaurant location doesn't matter to me. The one I mentioned was suggested by swandav2000 I believe in the original email that went out. I figured maybe some folks were counting on that place. I leave on the 18th!! Let us know if you find another place.

Old May 6th, 2001, 04:44 PM
Brett

Hi! <BR>I actually stepped away from this since I've been so busy and haven't been on the site for a long while. I think since the best date seemed to be the 27th for people and that is the day we arrive, I may not be able to make it. However, do let me know the details and when they are set, we will try to make it if we are not too awfully jet-lagged! <BR> <BR>- Brett

Old May 9th, 2001, 12:38 PM
Shanna

Greetings, all. Couldn't find any particulars about the restaurant other than a phone number and a picture (showing a few outside tables). I'm not personally familiar with the area but believe it to be mostly residential. If that's the case, we'd have few options if the place is full/booked. I'm open to suggestions for alternate days, places, times. I'll check back here 5/11, 14 and 17 for anyone's thoughts. Shouldn't this be easier? And maybe Monday would be the better day after the long weekend/mothers day festivities.

Old May 10th, 2001, 05:57 AM
Meg

Shanna, Monday (5/28) is fine for me and it sounds like that might be a better day for Brett as he flies in that day too. Any ideas for an alternate location? I haven't been to Paris since 1985 so I'm not going to be any help with picking a new place. We'll be staying in the 4(e) but could arrange to meet anywhere. I'll try to email the other folks who responded to this and hopefully we can get this arranged.

Old May 10th, 2001, 07:57 AM
Meg

Okay, a few of the email addresses I tried got bounced back to me. So, if you are interested in joining us please email me at [email protected]

Old May 11th, 2001, 05:41 AM

to the top

Old May 12th, 2001, 05:52 AM