Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Fodorites. Lets get to now each other more! Post your bios here. (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/fodorites-lets-get-to-now-each-other-more-post-your-bios-here-75896/)

C.N.Loaf Jun 13th, 2000 02:40 AM

Fodorites. Lets get to now each other more! Post your bios here.

Having followed this forum for some weeks now, I am truly fascinatd by some of the tales. So why don't we get to know a little mmore about each other too.. <BR>Here's mine: <BR>Where at: New York <BR>Status: Male. (Upper) middle class. <BR>Occupation: Programmer <BR>Hobbies and likes: Reading and watching TV. Travel. <BR>Dislikes: having to pay charges to change US $, poor standards of customer service in foreign places, dogs, waiting, folks who insist on speaking their foreign language even though they can speak English. <BR>

Debbie Jun 13th, 2000 03:41 AM

Where at: Toronto <BR>Status: Female. <BR>Occupation: Secretary <BR>Hobbies and likes:Walking, eating out theater. Foreign travel (of course), foreign language learning <BR>Dislikes: vaccinations!!

Mike Jun 13th, 2000 03:51 AM

Where at: Boston <BR>Status: Male, early 20's, upper middle class <BR>Occupation: State Government <BR>Hobbies and likes: Basketball, Rowing, Surfing, Republicans, France, children <BR>Dislikes: Al Gore, trying to pack (as to not forget the essentials!), ignorant Americans who don't look beyond the walls of the US to see what the rest of the world has to offer&gt;

Jim Jun 13th, 2000 03:57 AM

Where at: London <BR>Status: Male. Single <BR>Occupation: Exchange student <BR>Hobbies and likes: Cycling, skiing, travel, baseball, English pubs. <BR>Dislikes: Not having enough money!!!

Myriam Jun 13th, 2000 04:45 AM

Where at: Kalmthout (Belgium) <BR>Status: female <BR>Occupation: secretary (self-employed) <BR>Likes: eating out, travel <BR>Dislikes: the Belgian weather <BR>

Sam Jun 13th, 2000 05:17 AM

Where at: Edinburgh <BR>Status: Male. <BR>Occupation: Marketing <BR>Hobbies and likes: Golf, football, overseas travel, martial arts <BR>Dislikes: Weather, distance from continental europe.

Charlie Jun 13th, 2000 05:49 AM

Where:Pennsylvania(US) <BR>Status:Male <BR>Occupation:Retired Manager(Boeing) <BR>Hobbies/likes:Golf,travel,golf and more travel <BR>Dislikes:Killing time between trips,any score above 85 and ignorant people who don't know it. <BR> <BR> <BR>

Bambi Jun 13th, 2000 07:19 AM

Where at: Santa Monica <BR>Status: female/available for parties and private meetings <BR>Occupation: Miss Teen Tobacco 1994 <BR>Hobbies and likes: puppies, pina coladas, making love at midnight, taking walks in the rain <BR>Dislikes: Mean people, smokers

LordofAllISurvey Jun 13th, 2000 08:15 AM

Where at: My estate <BR>Status: Gender bending European aristocracy <BR>Occupation: Being rich <BR>Hobbies & Likes: Condescending to the Little People, cross dressing, traveling in my private jet <BR>Dislikes: Having to wear underpants

elvira Jun 13th, 2000 09:55 AM

Where: American Southwest <BR>Status: Female <BR>Occupation: Financial Services <BR>Hobbies and likes: books/movies about true crime (gorier and grosser, the better); handwork; traveling; gourmet cooking (and eating); the French; Cuban cigars; rock'n'roll; Monty Python ("message for you, sir"). <BR>Dislikes: whining; passive-aggressives; any sentence that starts with "you people", "I don't mean to be rude/start trouble/seem harsh (ad nauseum) BUT..."; hidden agendas(e?); Brussel sprouts and gefilte fish.

Monica Richards Jun 13th, 2000 10:00 AM

Message: Where:California <BR>Status:Female, early 30's, doing okay financially <BR>Occupation:Marketing/ Software company <BR>Hobbies/likes: Travel, eating out, knitting (really!), soccer, aerobics <BR>Dislikes: stupid people, bland food

chrissy Jun 13th, 2000 10:05 AM

where at: new york <BR>status: female <BR>occupation: Nurse <BR>hobbie and likes: photography (amatuer)and any any kind of water sport <BR>dislikes: rude and down right nasty people, the increased crime all over the world

Cindy Jun 13th, 2000 10:15 AM

Where: Washington, D.C. suburbs <BR>Status: Female, married, 3 kids, 1 allegedly housebroken puppy <BR>Occupation: was -- attorney; now -- mom <BR>Likes/hobbies: anything funny; anything sweet; beginning piano lessons; exercise; clever movies with surprise endings; Italy; people who can discuss controversial subjects. <BR>Dislikes: fast food; ATM fees; strip malls; clutter. <BR>Goals (new category?): want to be strong enough to do one chin-up someday.

kk Jun 13th, 2000 11:12 AM

Where: The largest city in Texas <BR>Status: female, fifty-ish <BR>Occupation: deputy director of communications, large health science center <BR>Likes: Mozart, Russian literature (pre-revolutionary), films, travel to England, Germany, Austria, Italy, Russia...or anywhere else in a pinch! <BR>My pet bunny, Precious <BR>Dislikes: I second Elvira on passive-agressive behavior! Road rage. And Nixon (still). Oh yes, and not yet having a grandchild to spoil. <BR>

elizabeth Jun 13th, 2000 11:57 AM

<BR>Where: Toronto <BR>Status: Female, 43, Married, No Kids <BR>Occupation: Self Employed Telecommunications Consultant - spouse is business partner; work from home so plenty of opportunity to check Fodors all day long <BR>Hobbies and Likes: FOOD! - anything to do with it; cooking it, reading about it, growing it, travelling to get it, etc <BR>Dislikes: The current crop of 'reality' TV shows; political "sound bites" that reduce issues requiring thoughtful analysis to 10 seconds; having to exercise so I can eat all I want (see above: Likes) <BR>Goals (Like this new category!): Retire next year - travel lots! <BR>

Thyra Jun 13th, 2000 11:57 AM

Where at: Hollywood Californa <BR>Status: Married female, no kids. <BR>Occupation: Analyst <BR>Hobbies and Likes: My husband, anything that gets me out of the office, all manner of cats! Long walks, history and theatre. <BR>Dislikes. Rude travelers, beef, people who are mean to cats! Coming back to work after a vacation, paying my Visa bill!!!

Stacey Jun 13th, 2000 12:05 PM

Where at: Worcester, MA <BR>Status: Married female, 2 stepchildren <BR>Occupation: Int'l Sales Rep <BR>Hobbies and Likes: Finding a new Irish pub wherever I go. Anything Irish. Overseas travel. Meeting new people. Email <BR>Dislikes: Teenagers (sort of kidding). Gossip. A 28.8 modem. <BR>Goals: To live someplace warm, to die without a shovel amongst my belongings.

Captain J T Kirk Jun 13th, 2000 12:06 PM

<BR>Where at: Outer Space <BR>Status: Male <BR>Occupation: Starship Captain <BR>Hobbies and likes: Romulan ale; interesting and out-of-the-mainstream vacation spots; hitting warp speed nine after having a few too many Romulan ales; space chicks <BR>Dislikes: people who are incapable of making a decision (for instance: people who get to the bottom of the escalator and freeze. make up your mind. either go left, right or straight. just do something! Likewise, if you have a Klingon battle cruiser bearing down on you, now is not the time to stop and think!) <BR>

aRT Jun 13th, 2000 12:11 PM

Long Beach California(born in Maine) <BR>Hoppies and likes. Reading (History, Inovators, Discoverors), Tennis, Basketball, Grandson and soon to be another grandson or granddaughter, Languages, meeting people everywhere I go <BR>Dislikes People that pick at people just because they disagree with them. <BR>Stupidity (Hey, we are all igorant about some things). <BR>Goal More travel, retire in 4 years, Pickup a new MB Conv in Europe in 1 1/2 years. <BR>

kk Jun 13th, 2000 12:19 PM

Geesh, guys, can I add a PS? <BR>My husband will kill me if I don't add, <BR>Status: married. <BR>And the new category, <BR>Goals: save enough now for retirement in ten years so that I/we can still go to Europe yearly, while still going yearly to Europe NOW.