Fodorite Meeting in Paris 16-20 May?

Apr 30th, 2001, 08:09 AM
s

Fodorite Meeting in Paris 16-20 May?

Folks,
Love to meet like-minded travellers/share a cup of coffee. E-mail or post here if you'll be in Paris at this time. Maybe some of our European Fodorites will be there then? With any luck, we'll all have our blue pins too.

s

Apr 30th, 2001, 11:07 AM
s.fowler

Topping for those who will be there... not me alas

Apr 30th, 2001, 12:10 PM
Art

And what are you charging to act as tour guide. (wish I could post a happy face here.) Sorry, couldn't resist that after this weekend. I hope that you get several takers and have a great time.
Regards
Art

Apr 30th, 2001, 02:29 PM
Steve

The wife and I will be arriving on the 19th from London via eurostar. Possibly up for this.

May 1st, 2001, 04:47 AM
s

s.fowler: we'll certainly toast you and your many insights here . . . and your next view of Paris.

Art: I *see* your happy face! Shall we also raise a glass to you?

And Steve: As I'm leaving in the morning of the 20th, let me know if you're up for an afternoon or dinner or after-dinner gathering on the 19th?

Others??

s

May 1st, 2001, 05:48 AM
elena

We'll be in Paris from the evening of the 15th and leaving on the 22nd. Let me know what gets planned.

May 1st, 2001, 05:53 AM
Bobbi

My sister and I arrive in Paris about 4:30 PM on the 19th. Would love to kick off our 10 day visit with a meeting of Fodorites. Later dinner or after dinner would be possible. That will be jetlag day but I'm thinking adrenaline will be high that first day!

May 1st, 2001, 06:11 AM
s.fowler

Thanks s[such a GOOD first initial]
It's all I can do to not hop on the Eurostar for Paris during our quick London trip this June.

Did you see the stuff on winebars I posted yesterday. Email me if missed it and would like a copy.

May 2nd, 2001, 06:08 AM
s

Folks,
Thanks for the responses. Because I have reservations for the 19:15 concert at Ste Chapelle on 19 May, I propose we meet at 4-ish for snacks w/wine or coffee. Thanks to s.fowler (thanks!! I found it!), I suggest these spots:
Wine bar Le Sancerre, 22 av. Rapp 7e
Wine bar La Tartine, 24 rue de Rivoli 4e
Wine bar Juveniles, 47 rue de Richelier 1er
Cafe de Flore, 172 blvd Ste Germain 6e

E-mail me or post here for your preferences. If I don't hear anything, I'll be hanging out at Sancerre around 4 p.m. with or without a blue pin.

Hey. Almost to the single-digit countdown! Almost "home."

s

May 2nd, 2001, 06:13 AM
s.fowler

I'm whimpering..... NO FAIR!!! Sancerre? waaaaaaaaaa......

My experience of Cafe Flore is to drink only -- the food is murderously expensive and not all that great.

May 2nd, 2001, 06:17 AM
Me

Oh, I would LOVE to be there! If someone answers my "cheap tickets" post maybe my husband and I will be raising a deep, rich, red toast to Fodors with you! If I don't, you'll be in my thoughts that lovely late afternoon! Have a wonderful trip!

May 20th, 2001, 01:59 AM
s

Folks:
Sorry I was a no show. Hope you-all found the place and each other. I decided to high-tail it outta there and onto the cote azur for better (!!) views and serenity. Ah well; can't go "home" again . . .

s