Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Flying to Europe from the US in a few days- anyone else experiencing many itinerary changes?

Search

Flying to Europe from the US in a few days- anyone else experiencing many itinerary changes?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24th, 2003, 05:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My previous message was not so clear- My itinerary keeps changing with Delta and I don't even know at this point if we are even going on Thursday. Is anyone else having this problem, and how are you handling it?
Old Mar 24th, 2003, 06:02 PM

we are flying to london wednesday and so far no change .
Old Mar 24th, 2003, 06:14 PM

My AirFrance flight (April 7th) has been cancelled. Still working on figuring out what I am going to do.<BR><BR>bigb
Old Mar 24th, 2003, 06:21 PM
kjl

We leave on Friday for Paris on UA.<BR>So far so good but UA will not announce<BR>its new changes until tomorrow and the<BR>International flights affected will not <BR>go into effect until 4/1/03.<BR><BR>
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 02:20 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 06:13 AM
Windy

Has anyone experienced any cancellations or itinerary changes with British Airways?

Old Mar 25th, 2003, 06:22 AM

We are leaving for London tomorrow evening on United. So far we haven't had any changes.
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 07:16 AM

is ap6380
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 07:18 AM

Let me finish that- is ap6380 one of the few experiencing this, or is he/she one of the few going to Europe from the US soon?
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 08:02 AM

Just returned from Spain on American Airlines--probably one of the smoothest trips we have ever had and no schedule changes at all-plane was full.
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 08:07 AM
SLHogan

I leave for Paris via Amsterdam April 10. NWA/KLM has changed my itinerary 3 times since I originally booked.

Old Mar 25th, 2003, 08:13 AM

To those of you who have had flight changes/cancellations, are the airlines notifying you, or are you being diligent in inquiring? We don't leave until mid-May and hopefully by then things will be more settled, but am interested in how well the airlines are keeping their passengers up to date.
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 08:28 AM

I just received a call from Swiss Air Intl. informing me they are no longer flying into Sevilla and I've had to reschedule to Malaga instead-Bummer
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 08:51 AM

Our morning Air France return to US was cancelled and changed to the 4 p.m. flight mid-April; that's fine with me, we now have the entire morning to do some more wandering and/or more leisurely repacking.
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 09:09 AM
Original Poster

I was informed of the 1st 2 changes, the last change I stumbled upon when I called Delta. I will be unable to clarify my situation until tomorrow (the day before I am supposed to leave!), when the manager of the travel agency that I bought the tickets from will be there. Delta has advised me that their &quot;Policy Exceptions &amp; Reticketing Options&quot; posted on their site do not apply to me because of the contract that my ticket is under. Apparently, it is a heavily discounted ticket and there are a whole set of rules that go along with that. If I cancel I will be able to get a refund, minus $150 per ticket. If I change the dates, as long as there is &quot;Q Class&quot; available on the plane, I should not have to pay the difference in what the tickets costs now from what it will cost say a month or two from now. I'm sure the manager will tell me completely different things tomorrow....
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 05:02 PM

I booked a ticket from NY to AMS on Northwest/KLM. After 2 weeks, I was advised my return flight was cancelled and I was rebooked on an earlier flight. To try to accommodate me, they put me on my same outbound flight a day earlier. Then, two days ago, I was notified my outbound flight was cancelled and put on an earlier flight the same day. So basically, my outbound and return flights are no longer what I orginally planned and a 3 day weekend has turned into 3 days off of work and 5 days in Amsterdam not to mention required begging to check into my hotel to get some sleep at 7:30AM. <BR><BR>No one wants to take the blame and the airline tried to say it was for the military when I found out later it was due to their reductions due to the industry.<BR><BR>When I called the airline, I was patronized and told the agent me that the world has changed and I should be more accommodating- My reponse was - look woman, dont tell me about change I work on wall street and was at work on 9/11- i know more about change than you do.<BR><BR>She then told me that she was on the same flight outbound but HER hotel was able to check her in but I should ask if I can leave my bags at the hotel and kill some time. <BR><BR>Needless to say, my companion is more laid back and still wants to go. <BR><BR>This is ridiculous
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 05:59 PM
sjk

I bought my ticket online through Air France for departure on 4/10. I've been looking at their website to see what's changed but nothing's been posted so far. I guess tomorrow's when they'll come out with any changes. I hadn't realized that the schedules for so many airlines were so fluid. I'm somewhat dreading this b/c I don't want to use any more vacation days for this trip and my flights were timed so right... Oh well, such is travel. Good luck AP6380.
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 06:55 PM
kit

Delta changed my flight about three weeks ago, though they have never informed me personally. I happened to be on their website booking a different trip and noticed the change in my &quot;itineraries&quot; link.<BR><BR>I tried today to book the exact same flight -- mainly to see if anything had happened to the price -- and a message came back that there were no flights available. My assumption is that it's either booked solid or they are trying to sort this out and may be cancelling.<BR><BR>I haven't even decided to go for sure, so I'm okay with vague right now...
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 09:45 PM

I was scheduled to fly to Naples via Munich on Lufthansa in April, home from Venice via Frankfurt. The Munich to Naples portion was re-scheduled last week to consolidate flights. Then my travel agent informed me that the flight from Frankfurt to Boston was canceled entirely. The business purpose for which I was going has been postponed and Lufthansa will be giving me a voucher for future travel. <BR><BR>On the other hand - I am supposed to be flying home (on United) from Frankfurt this Friday on a ticket bought through Orbitz. I am hoping to push that out a day and will find out today if that will be successful.
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 11:01 PM

I get such good information from this web site! Thanks to this thread I just checked my Luft. flight and it is cancelled (for May). Now I will have to do all the foot (finger) work all over again, what a pain!<BR>Thanks, Fodorites, for the heads up.