I will be flying to crete-chania airport in mid September and staying for 5 days. We will not have a car and this is not a possibility as I cannot drive!
I would have liked to stay in Falasarna but the taxi transfer from the airport is about €90 each way which is too expensive. I was also looking at Stavros but everything I've read says it's recommended to get a car.
As we are only there for 5 days we are only looking for a nice beach within walking distance which is sand and not rocks - I am not bothered about visiting other towns etc. so it doesn't need to be near the bus stations - it just needs to be within reasonable taxi distance to the airport and have a few restaurants around and a supermarket.
Where would you recommend to stay?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 2 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 3 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 4 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 5 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 6 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 7 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 8 Easter Week in Italy
- 9 Moscow Hotels
- 10 Rome Hotel
- 11 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 12 Getting around Lisbon
- 13 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 14 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 15 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 16 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 17 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 18 Trains - website?
- 19 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 20 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 21 Paris November 2017
- 22 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 23 Spain in 2018
- 24 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 25 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)